New To Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is good for a starter dark eldar army around 1000points. also how do dark eldar play (i have never seen them battle)

any help is much appreciated

thanks

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a good starter army for dark eldar for 1000 points woud be. dracon with wargear. and a few incubi and warriros for an hq on a raider of course. for troops i would get several raider squads and mabey some warrior squads. for other things i would suggest, wyches, reaver jetbikes (kinda expensive) and possibly a ravager.

Dark eldar are kinda tricky they can be Very powerful in assault and shooting. they are very fragile. 5+ save and 3 toughness isnt going to keep them along very long. There is really two ways to play, first would be with lots of raider and wych squads and get into combay supported by the raiders and possibly some warriors. the other main way has pretty well everything on raiders with lots of dark lances and shooty stuff eg: ravagers, raider squads with dark lances and such. the first one is alot easier to play, and probobly to collect. becasue you dont need to buy like 5-8 raiders lol.

hope that helps you with the dark eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, and all I need to say, is that Splinter Cannons ROCK!

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed, once i had a warrior squad with only 5 guys left in it (including two splinter cannons) shoot at a full squad of gaurdsman, they all were compleatly anialted. it was great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so dark eldar seem to be ok at shooting.

what are thier best assault units. i like the idea of charging straight into a fight in raiders (i usually stand and shoot with my guard army)
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incubi and wyches are the best but i find that warriors with a geared up sybrite work quite well, once one of my warrior squads with a sybrite with power weapon and stuff beat a squad of 10 blood claws in close combat. so there not too bad eather, but if you really want close combat goodness go with wyches for 14 points they can go up against pretty well any other assualt unit in the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you find that raiders are destroyed too easily?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing i like abou the dark eldar are the ammounition they use, not dics or bolts but razor sharp diamonds !!! think about it if you get hit by it you will become motionless just screaming for help!

cant stop seeing a whole platoon of Ultramariens, Imperials fist, Space wolfs just laying on the ground screaming for help or is that more like teh ig thing!!!
    just hate ig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. does his have any soecial effects during games (special rules) and as i asked in my last post isnt the armour on raiders too weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might think that the armour is weak, and well it is but ive seen them take alot of punishment beofre they go down, i mean they can only take glancing hits before they crash, and you usually have several of them around, and if they do crash your usually withing assault range anyways (having moved 24 inches last turn) so it shouldnt be a problem, dont expect them to be there after combay tho people dont like the idea of you getting back on them

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast