Necron Vs. Sm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necron Vs. Sm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would seem that Necron match up well against Space Marines. Are they a good match up against space marines?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i heard my freind took down a land raider with 6 necron they will probebly destroy most of the heavy support and loads of destroyers will probebly destroy alot of troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons match up quite well with Marines... most games are close (unless you bring a C'Tan, then you might mop the floor if he didn't bring enough lascannons)

They have better AP weapons, power weapons, and long range weapons, but you keep on getting back up. There's nothing more satisfying than killing 1 or 2 marines and KNOWING they won't get back up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Statistically, Necrons Warriors are Space Marines that get back up, but are slower in close combat. The Gauss Flayer is basically a bolter that forces a save on a to-wound roll of six, regardless of armor or toughness.
    Seen in that light, Necrons should outmatch the Space Marines easily.

However, the Space Marines' egde derives from their versatility. They have a great number of units and weapons available to them that can cause fits for the Necron player.

A Necron player needs to play smart against Space Marines because the Adeptus Astartes are easily able to counter any advantage that the Necron army might have.

Most importantly, I have found that a balanced and varied list is necessary to beat Marines. Necron units work well in combination with one another and that is the strength that needs to be exploited in order to win.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that i can tell you, 1 squad of Necrons with a Lord can beat a squad of SMs and a leader...and in combat too...i did it, it was funny...he came, and i blasted 3 of his guys, then he charged and i creamed him.

No necrons lost
    "You think you know fear? You haven't seen the relentless advance of death against you! You think you know pain? You haven't felt the liquid steel of the cyborgs' blade as they silently scream their pleasure in your face. It doesn't matter if you are human, orc, or any other mutated creature in this Universe; they killed us all once and they'll do it again. They want to do it again. Their number is Legion; their name is Death...who are we to get in their way?!"

Unknown source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be a FUN game. As it has been said, unless the C'Tan is there, it should be close. You will have fun riding the line the whole game =-].
    And the Galaxy Shall Mourn

Necron Wins/Loses/Draws
    93/52/33
    Tau
    43/11/5

Witch Hunters
    10/5/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt bring the c'tan if the space marine player is smart he would bring a full scout squad full of snipers. and the c'tan would eventually die which would be sad.... BUt ya it would be a very good game, just watch out for the librarian and all his special powers, very nasty. but ya for a game verses space marines take some heavy destroyers for the termies and heavy armor and some destroyers for the transports and whirlwind. Speaking of whirlwinds watch out for the pinning and the mines can be very annoying.

+ Reply to Thread