A Good Day For 'nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice ive recieved using these forums and that i have put into good use, last saturday i came second in the State Finals for 40K for Queensland (a state of Australia). Needless to say most of the people who qualified for the finals were marine generals A Blood Angels player took it out, and a IG player came third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You rock!!!! GO NIDS!!!! I live in Victoria so I think I've missed the Tournament. If you go into the Nationals (is there 1?), kill e'm all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!! Good Luck!
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Could you post your army list? It'd be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What all were you up against?
    Faced by rejection, no hope of acception,
    Constantly thinking of destruction, never reminded of redemption.
    Forgetting ressurection, seeing only frustration.
    Pierced by a lethal injection, Bleeding from wounds re-opened, memories never mentioned,
    Images never wanted, thoughts never summoned. Feelings fade away, most happiness freed from its cage. Broken from burdens, everything becomes a haze...

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mavrik' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mavrik</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah,i&#39;d love to see your list and hear the battle reps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, my list was as follows:

Hive Tyrant (no wings) Venom cannon and Scything Talons and all upgrades except bs 4

14 Hormaguants

13 Termaguants

6 Genestealers

Unfortunately there are no nationals, but on the day there were about 20 champions from the four Qld. stores and about 15 were marine armies. There were 2 nids, 2 dark eldar, and 1 eldar and 1 IG.

My first match was against Ultra Marines, and he decided to deep strike his assault squad which didn&#39;t come on to turn four. The mission was recon, and thanks to the bugs speed i was manage to make the fight take place in my scoring zone. I took out his land speeder early, so it was basically 500 points of nids vs 300 points of marines. After some shocking rolling, he was winning until my Tyrant got to combat and promptly ripped things up. That ended as a minor victory

My second match was against dark eldar, where I made the horrible error of splitting my forces and relying on decent rolling, and by the end only my Tyrant and a handful of DE were left standing. This was a minor loss, the mission was seek and destroy.

My final match was against necrons, a cleanse mission. I got to set up first and pushed him back into his table quarter, and he set up two squads on separate hills and got ready to shoot. I infiltrated my &#39;stealers behind scenery in his deployment zone, and attacked one necron squad with all my guants and the other with my Tyrant. My Tyrant fought better then my guants, and I eventually wore him down and won in the last turn. I captured his quarter with my Tyrant and another quarter with four &#39;stealers. I earned 875 points and got a massacre.

After the first match i was 7th, after the second i was 9th, and with a good bit of luck and a good result in the last match i went to 2nd hightest points score, 80 off the win and a total of about 1700 from the three matches. I had a lot of luck, winning all the rolls for first tern and only facing one lot of marines, but i was pretty happy nonetheless in my first tournament.

Long Live Bugs&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

A mere 500pt game with a free-for-all list? No wonder You did well... It really would&#39;ve been much better if the organizers had used the Patrol restrictions, since otherwise tough models (like the Tyrant) will overpower most opponents in this small a game.

I also wonder why You didn&#39;t take the EnhSen biomorph for the Tyrant... Since it can be the most accurate ranged support for the swarm, I see no point in leaving it without.

Points? Exchange the Termas for Spines.

Nevertheless, congratulations&#33; (Y)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread