Crack Shot Or Fast Shot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for my dark reaper exarch which is the better option and when should i use it?
    plz resp0nd.... :wacko: ^_^ :wacko: :shifty:

"if i catch you again ill kill the pig!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast shot hands down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Originally posted by power_slave@Feb 27 2005, 23:11
    :wacko: ^_^ :wacko: :shifty:
    [snapback]339885[/snapback]
    Please stop that, you make my eyes hurt :blink:

Always fast shot, and an EML. That really kills stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Fast Shot, hands down.
    However, I am not as quick to take the EML. I like his Reaper Launcher, which hits pretty hard as it is. I have even played WYSIWYG with the Exarch model and used the Shuriken Cannon he is modeled with. (He killed lots of Marines, but I felt I was wasting the great range of the Reaper Launchers of his squad with the ShuriCannon's shorter range.)

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Ok, maybe you guys are jumping the gun with your suggestions. First, think, is the map terrain heavy or no? Then look:

1) If the map is heavy terrain or atleast has bunkers where the opponent's heavy weapons are, take crack shot. It lets you re-roll missed wounds and it ignores cover saves. Meaning mostly 2 dead models. It's your choice whether to use the EML or the reaper launcher, depending on your rolling and the enemy. Obviously enemy's that are T-3 you will use crack /w reaper launcher. If it's T-4 or more (obliterator is 5), then use the EML.

2) If the map is not heavy terrain, then use fast shot and again depending on the enemy toughness, choose the Exarch's gun wisely, it can make a difference by what you choose.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Me personally i always opt for Fast shot with a EML. That's my personal preference for the model. I don't like the shuriken catapult in a unit of Dark Reapers, i feel its a waste. I prefer the extra shot instead of no cover save anyway.... just my opinion. Course as Emp. did mention it does come down to terrain sometimes.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should always be using the EML. Its a better weapon hands down than the shuriken cannon,and in the hands of a BS5 exarch it is deadly. Fast shot means your dropping 2 AP4 blast templates that cause pinning a turn(assuming they hit on a 2+ that is),or 2 S8 shots at a vehicle every turn. Thats amazing. The shuriken cannon also doesnt has half the range of the reaper launchers,so you wont get nearly as many rounds of shooting in with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer No Exarch in my Reaper squads, though an Exarch with a Reaper Launcher and Crackshot REALLY surprised one of my opponents.

The real question is: Do you want to "break out of the mould"? or have "another Exarch with EML & Fastshot"? Up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally "the molds" are there because its hands down the best way to go,there will always be ways to counter the argument,but in the end the general results speak for themselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ussaly play with aot of terrain so a squad of 3 with a exarch with crack shot really helps gettign those marines out of cover ^^.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast