Help Beating Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to know how to beat my friends chaos army, i collect Ulthwe and have and incredibly powerful council but he has a daemon prince with a dread axe and it cuts the council in half because they don't have an invulnerable. he can also shoot well because he has a defiler and a nasty havoc squad plus he can mob with mutants how do i beat him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might help if you told us what chaos list hes playing. I have no idea why you would ever expect a seer council to be able to take down a daemon prince,especially one equipped specificly to take down invulnerable saves. Other than that,my best advice is some fast moving support to take down the defiler and havocs,and 3 wraithlords backed up by as many starcannons as you can fit. If hes not being cheesy dont do that though,it will probably yellow water him off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could try using your seer council with mind war on most of his bigger characters (daemon Prince). you could also use fire dragons on his tougher units like his tanks and nurglings. sorry if this didnt help :blush: but i am just throwing the idea out there....
    "if i catch you again ill kill the pig!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Mind War isn't too useful, because of the Daemon Prince's high toughness, on the other hand, he can be instant-killed by S10 weapons, or Wraithcannons. Try either. A D-Cannon Battery, and use the Council to lure him in to range, or Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent. You could, however, just pour on Starcannon firepower.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er,alot of daemon princes take daemonic rune just so they dont auto-splat,and in case you didnt know the targets toughness has no effect on mindwar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Sorry, my bad, meant high leadership rather than toughness. Yes, Daemonic Rune would help against the D-Cannon, but it won't save it from those Wraithcannons...
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most deamon I encounter have wings so they ussaly charge the squads before those 12'' range weapons can shoot. Mindwar is still your best shot. After getting that prince you should get the obliterators or something simulair thats expsive. Just walk forward dont be afraid for his deamon. I have risked many times fighting a deamon with dread axe but still walking forward with a ava and relying that my 4 mindwars would take him down. It all depends on your luck and my luck ratio is quit high. he dice gods favour me ^^. Perhaps they will let you roll a couple of 6's

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Rangers. Rangers. Oh, and rangers, hit 84%, wound 50%, then let him make his saves. if he's attached to a squad, he has to test pin if you kill a squad mate w/ ranger. And where's your support? Get some banshees, cc guardians, or even wraithlord(too bad ulthwe) if you're afraid of his dp. Either that, or tie it up, and ignore it. I've found that mind war sucks, but that's only my experience, most others seem to love it. But figure the odds, 3/36 to wound, which is 1/13, even w/ 4 mind wars your still looking at just under 30%, where as rangers will wound 22% each, after save, 2 squads of 5 beat paying 220 for 4 farseers, much less the retinue of warlocks, and they have better range. Even w/ demonic wings, should get 2 rounds of shooting at him, and he'll be dead, as they place hq before you place infiltrators.
    Mind you, that's my suggestion, or you could try and swamp him w/ guardians. Black guardians hit on 4's, wound on 5's. stick a small squad w/ heavy weapon in front to take the charge, then swarm him. make sure that they're at least 3" behind, in case your first squad runs. With 15-20 guardians, thats, 45-60 attacks, 22-30 hits and 7-11 wounds to save, 3-6 unsaved. Should kill em. But that's because I use guardians by the droves, field about 60-90 a game, w/ an aspect or two to back me up. Good luck, and post his army list so we can help ya out more.

edit--
    as for the defiler, anything w/ a brightlance will make short work of it, as you're ulthwe that means no wraithlords huh?, try vypers or warwalkers, but take at least 2 as u need to kill it=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon you wont have to worry about those chaos scum, the new avatar rules will make it better than all the greater deamons/ daemon princes according to games work shop. just add one of them when the codex is released.
    He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Not sure why your having trouble killing a Daemon Prince. He's a large target so you can also single him out which makes him very prone to draw heavy fire. Ranger are a excellent way to go, first with the chance of AP1 second, the range, plus the hit on 2+/wound on 4+ will tear him up.

Give your farseer a Ghost helm, if you want to CC him, then run in since his weapon skill is halved, and witchblade him. With a seer council you should be able to either have:
    2 farseers with mind war... doubt he'll beat your roll twice
    OR
    2 farseers with ghosthelms and witchblades, plus warlocks with witchblades
    OR
    Falcon with Bright Lance, Pulse Laser, Shuriken cannon. He can't stop the shots without invuls, except the cannon.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread