To 'nue, Or Not To 'nue... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a 1000 points battle im not sure what to do with my Warboss...

My First Idea is either throw him with a painboss and 8 Cyborks into a trukk, give him Mega Armour and throw him up the front.

The other idea, which I think is better, is a lot more expensive. It would be to keep the painboss and give him 9 cyborks and the painboss a claw and put the warboss, 5 nobs and 2 Mekboys with Super Stikkbombs and a Force Field in the other trukk. That would probably bost somewhere between 450-500 points, but would be a powerful strike force. With the extra 500 points I can still field a good amount of troops. My Headquarters could essentially be my fast attack, and it would still have 18 models in it. The Cyborks can take a beating and the Boss and his nobs can deal the pain, and between the 2 power claws and 2 Meks with stikkbombs tanks should not be a problem.

My question for you is what would the better option. Obviously the latter of the two is my favorable option but would it cost too much? Thank you for any comments in advance.

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well i don't think you need the 2 super stickbombs with the boss and his crew. You already have 2 claws and they will be more then enouf anti tank for that bunch. Also consider going for a Kult of speed army that way you can have loads of trucks with boyz in them along with your hard hitting HQ. You could then also have a mob of 20 skar boyz in a battle wagon (HINT HINT inside joke; read the thread about the painboss tactic)
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well I will be going KOS when I get the armageddon codex (and like 10 more trukk and maybe a forge world wagon) but for now Im just making a fast atttack oriented Codex ork army. Would like 450 points on the HQ be too much for a 1000 point game? Considering whats going with my HQ? (9 Cyborks, 5 Nobs, 2 Mekboys... 2 Trukks, Painboss with Claw and Boss armoured out with claw)
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

It it really expensive but i think they will make up their points. Make sure to spend the rest of your points wisely. Here is what i would personally take along with the big HQ:

16 slugga boyz (3 w/ rockets)
    16 slugga boyz (3 w/rockets)

10 truck boyz (1 w/ burna, wartruck)

1 Looted basilisk

this with a 450 point HQ you listed should come to 1002 points. Basically your three trucks run up and kill/distract the enemy while the 2 mobs come in to reinforce. While all this is going on the annoying, effective, and cheap basilisk shoots away with its S-9 ap-3 ordinance blast. Just make sure to keep all three trucks within 6 inches of the mek so only glanceing hits count (Y)
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread