Mutliplayer Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any good ideas about how to set up a few diiferent multiplayer (3 ppl) games and what rules would be good for such armies? The 3 armies involved are CSM, Ultramarines, and my Nids force. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take and hold is a good one
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Welcome to the Swarm! (Y)

The best way is to have 1 Vs 2... Since it will usually degenerate into that anyway. This way, it's at least fair to the single player. What this means, is for example:

Tyranid player w/1500pt army

versus

SM w/750pt and ImpG w/750.

As said, if You play a free for all with equal armies, it's more than likely that two will gang up on one.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I do 3-ways with my friends we do take & hold with the objective in the center...generally a bunker or something to give whatever unit that is occupying it at least a chance to survive since they are the target for 2 opposing armies. Generally, this helps alleviate the 2v1 concept because, even though 2 people are going at the person in the center, as soon as someone else takes the center, they're facing the 2-on-1. An objective-oriented mission is pretty key, though, to prevent one player from turtling up in their deployment zone and hanging back while the other 2 kill each other, then coming in to clean up.
    Sithlet

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah me and my friends do three way games and i wanted to know how big of a field you guys use. size wize?
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 3-way games I usually play on a 6x4-ish foot board, with a nice 25-30% terrain coverage. You will obviously be in an interesting position, facing two SM armies. Remember terrain is your friend, put blocking and forests towards the middle.

Most of the time, I play as tyranids vs 1 or 2 space marine players, and once you've played em a few times, you know what to do.

May the dice gods be with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BorderPatrol@Mar 4 2005, 21:11
    For 3-way games I usually play on a 6x4-ish foot board, with a nice 25-30% terrain coverage. You will obviously be in an interesting position, facing two SM armies. Remember terrain is your friend, put blocking and forests towards the middle.

Most of the time, I play as tyranids vs 1 or 2 space marine players, and once you've played em a few times, you know what to do.

May the dice gods be with you!
    [snapback]344479[/snapback]
    We generally play on an 8x4 table.

The two armies are pretty simple to outdo, I am coming from a DE army so no save swarm type H2H armies seem to be a specialty for me. Never enjoyed any of the SM armies that I tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played many multiplayer games and the rest of these guys are right, without objectives for each army then it soon becomes a meatgrinder in the middle.
    2 v 1 I find works better when all armies have equal points meaning you are facing double your number, now thats a challenge but great fun.

The next idea our group has as a multi player is to be on an 8' by 8' having 6 armies of 3000 points each and creating our own type of RISK cards (misson based) that can be drawn randomly at the start of any game.
    Some will be to destroy certain armies, others to capture a certain % of the battle field, we will be playing it in the next few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Cards for example: Your mission is to destroy the Tyranids from Hive fleet Desolation, if you are hive fleet desolation, or another army destroys them before you, then you must take and hold 1/2 the battle field for one turn.

OR: your mission is to take and hold all 4 corners of the battle field and any other 4 areas of your choice.

+ Reply to Thread