Librarium Online Forums banner

Nids! Favorite Nid Unit?

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  HiveChimera 
#1 ·
<_<

I have been playing the greenskins in Warhammer for about 4 years. And now im starting to really get into 40k and i have about 1300 points of tyranids, (im still painting most of it) and i am just wondering what other people think about tyranids and what you all think is the nastyest tyranid unit. Ive played a little and read a lot, (as far as 40k goes) and I have loads of tactics in mind to use... but im still wondering about which>

units and tactics different players have been crushed by or won with

:rofl: just looking for IDEAS and such

o' and who do you think is the toughest opponent and easyest opponent for Tyranids generally?

#2 ·
Welcome to the Mob! ...Er, Swarm! (Y)

What's this doing in the Ork forums? I've already reported it to a moderator, so hopefully it will be relocated into the Tyranid forum where it belongs.

As for Tyranid units and tactics, why not read the posts pinned in the Tyranid forums, "Newb FAQ on Tyranid Units" and the Tyranid articles? ;)

#3 ·
I love the nids first of all, customization was hte main thing that brought me to them. To answer your questions...
Favorite Unit - Hive Tyrant
Least Favorite Unit - (personal preference here, they are still very useful) Tyranid Warriors
Favorite Tactic - Bring in swarms of gaunts to tie up their units and block LoS until the big guys can get there
Favorite Enemy - Tau
Toughest Opponent - CSM

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Bring in swarms of gaunts to tie up their units and block LoS until the big guys can get there
No... only TMCs can block line of sight. Everyone loves gaunts though.
My favourite Tyranid would have to be the lictor. They have that 'scare the crap out of you' feel that the tyranids have lost, which will hopefully be reclaimed by the swarm once the new codex is released. Everyone knows what you can thow at them now; it just sucks. Even the evolve-your-own rules are common knowledge.

That said, I am a firm believer in the ideal that you can never have enough gaunts. Never enough...

My favourite food would have to be sisters of battle. Mainly because my old man plays witch hunters. Crunchy on the outside, soft meat in the middle. Mmm.
Least favourite? Anything with an AP value :lol:

#7 ·
Least Favorite Unit - Gaunts (any kind but spine and scyth)
Favorite Tactic - Defensive bombardment
Favorite Enemies - Eldar (Dark or Good, they die just as easily), space marines, Khornate armies, sisters of battle, Necrons(easiest of all!)
Toughest Opponent - Tau, Imp guard

Units I like
Hive Tyrant, OOE, Carnifexes, biovores, rippers, red terror. Lictors, Ravenors, gargoyles.

Units I dislike
Warriors, Zoanthropes, Gaunts, Genestealers

#8 ·
Originally posted by touel@Mar 5 2005, 23:10
Least Favorite Unit - Gaunts (any kind but spine and scyth)
Favorite Tactic - Defensive bombardment
Favorite Enemies - Eldar (Dark or Good, they die just as easily), space marines, Khornate armies, sisters of battle, Necrons(easiest of all!)
Toughest Opponent - Tau, Imp guard

Units I like
Hive Tyrant, OOE, Carnifexes, biovores, rippers, red terror. Lictors, Ravenors, gargoyles.

Units I dislike
Warriors, Zoanthropes, Gaunts, Genestealers
[snapback]345000[/snapback]​
Please stats WHY you like units. Not just your fav ones or else this will end up closed.

#10 ·
favourite unit- hive tyrant because they rock in close combat and when armed with 2xVC can rock at shooting too!
least favourite unit- none, after the tyrant, i like them all the same.
favourite tactic- do you even have to ask that? SWARM 'EM!!!
favourite enemys- tau because they're always a challenge.
toughest oppnoents- also tau, as said they are always a challenge.

i chose 'nids because the gaunts, tyrants and warriors all look so cool and you can convert like mad!

once, i decided to go shooty against tau- HUGE mistake, but swarming in the next battle was a HUGE success.

#11 ·
favourite unit- genestealers devastating in cc and good models
least favourite unit- gargoyles cost way too much and can make superior ones for 1 point less out of gaunts

favourite enemys- sm because they are overused
toughest oppnoents- tau, because they have lots of big mean guns

#12 ·
Favorite Unit: HT with Double Scything Talons and Warp Blast. Can kill from afar and kill in CC...
Least Favorite Unit: Anything without Rending Claws XD
Favorite Enemies: Tau. Eat 'em up!
Toughest Opponent: My Iyanden Playing brother... Darn that high toughness. Makes gaunts useless -.-

Favorite units for tactics: Warriors! Lot and lots of WARRIORS!!!

#13 ·
Favorite unit: Winged Hive Tyrant with 2 x ST & warp blast. Moves lightening fast or deep strikes and rips trough anything with ease :D
Or Geanstealers, being an old gamer knowing that a swarm of stealers in CC are just about the most horrifting and wonderful sight in the imperium, I love the RC attacks on a charge with broods of 10 gives me a massive opportunity to destroy ANY unit in CC on first attack. If they were cheeper then they would be my top choice by far.
Or Biovores, love acid spore mines and have taken out 3 land raider crusaders, 2 dreadnaughts and loads of marines with them. the nids best long range fire optoion.

Least Favorite: Never used raveners, may do after new codex is out. They just don't seem to be worth the points.

Best tactic: Infiltratrating Stealers in as many places as I can and noot giving my opponaont a seconds peace. Once tied up with my gaunts then ripping them to bits with CC warriors or a load of stealers.
Or Deep striking my winged HT and ripping the crap out of the strongst part of my opponants army leaving them with a big hole and me with a big smile.

Favorite opponant: ALL of them, not been beaten yet with my nids. One day it will happen, but not yet.

#14 ·
Favorite Unit: Tyranid Gaurd I mean come on I love putting down 5 TMC's with high toughness, and then 6 guard with high toughness. Holy bolter....right.

Least Favorite Unit: Stealer's, not saying they aren't good at what they do, but getting them there is such a pain.

Least fav rule: Escalation, yea I have 100+ models, and I can only set up 32 spinegaunts... Yea!! :realmad:

#15 ·
Favorite unit: There's so many... I would have to go for a winged tyrant with dual talons or genestealers. Rending is just so great. :)

Least favourite unit: Gargoyles. They're stats are great, but the price is appaling.

Favorite army to kill: Tau tau tau. Which nid army doesn't like fighting tau? I also enjoy
fighting my friend's all termie marine army. It's hard to defeat, but it's great to play against.

Least favorite army to kill: Imperial gaurd is always a pain for me. All those strong vehicles and weak cannon fodder. Kind of reminds me of a shooty nids army. :shifty:

#16 ·
Favorite unit: CC Warriors w/ leaping, rending, and scytal. if i can keep them alive... Once my 3 warriors ate through 2 Wraithlords one after the other, Mmmmmm. Biovores are great too, 3 spores per turn for about 150pts :)

Least favourite unit: I don't have one yet, but I haven't used them all yet either.

Favorite army to kill: I haven't played that many games, but I had fun beating Eldar. Those Wraithlords are just begging to be clawed with rending...

Least favorite army to kill: I had a little trouble the first time I played Orks, but I was still getting used to Nids, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad if I tried again.

#17 ·
well my favorite brood must be my warriors as well, rending scything implant attack. took down 2 WL :wub:

least favored brood must be the raveners.

the most funny army to beat must be Eldar beacuse a really annoying guy plays them! :shifty:

the worst must be the TAU all those plasma and str 5 weapons :eek:

#18 ·
Favorite units: Warriors, Gaunts - (I love the models, and the warriors are just nasty en masse).

Least favorite units: Carnifex, Hive Tyrants (especially the winged ones) -everyone uses them, and they're almost always modeled the same way... waaay overrated gameplay wise, too

Favorite army to play: Black templars - What? the marines are coming to me? Oooh boy!

Least favorite army to play: Guard (especially armored company) - Oh, wow... you brought 11 tanks. And 300 troops. In 1000 points. At least you won't be doing any moving or assaulting, so that should speed things up...

#19 ·
Favorite units: I'm finding I'm partial to my mutable Tyrant. He's outfitted with a VC and ST, making him nice and versitle. He's also got a nice spread of morphs to go along with this. Great in smaller games, where not too many things can hurt him.

Least favorite units: Warriors, believe it or not. They have some great stats, except they die too easilly. Since they are a pivital part of any nid swarm though, I use them as best as I can. Again, I like a mixed bag as far as weapons. A VC backed by two Death spitters makes for a good mix of firepower. I tend to use 2 pairs of Scything Tallons for every pair of rending claws.

Favorite army to play: Dark Eldar! Many Dark players try to close range with me before they figure out that they're better off shooting.

Least favorite army to play: Eldar/Tau. These two armies are more mobile than I'd like, with the ability to whittle me down at range. Skimmers are HIGHLY anoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.