Eldar In Combat Patrol? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

How good are Alaitoc in combat patrol? (40k in 40 minutes rules).

I was thinking of whipping out a Alaitoc list, but not really sure what I will need to buy, and not even sure that I want to play them

Are they a competitive army at the 400 point level? What concerns are there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Well, your 2 Disruption Rolls could potentally cripple your opponent beyond recovery, so it may lead to some easy victories. Powerful army for Combat Patrol for sure, but whether you want that kind of easy power, I don't know. Apart from the 2 compulsory Rangers, a pretty standard Eldar list is al that is required.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

How about this, then?

Compulsory
    x3 Rangers
    57 pts

x3 Rangers
    57 pts

Troop Core
    x3 Rangers
    57 pts

x3 Rangers
    57 pts

Elite
    x3 Alaitoc Pathfinders
    72 pts

Heavy Support
    War Walker w/ 2 Scatter Lasers
    80 pts

War Walker w/ 2 Bright Lances
    100 pts

Summary
    480 points (20 spare)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could work but I think it would get bored pretty easy. +if your facing a army that uses alot of units then your. . . screwed. Also if you cant put them in reserves the horde army will be very difficult to stop. I never participated with 400 points eldar I always took dark eldar instead relying on warriors only (yah 40 fellas on the board hehe). Anyway if some1 uses a rhino with marines in it it would negate your rolls and you would be in big trouble therefor I would suggest taking regular eldar use biel tan they can be very ''cheesy'' in a 400 pts game. Hmm a 3+ save opponent il just throw in 10 dark reapers with one exarch ^^.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I like your list (Y)

It is kind of simple to play, but again, you are just starting out so I think that it is perfectly ok for you to rely on basic tactics for a start.

Originally posted by red120@Mar 6 2005, 13:37
    Heavy Support
    War Walker w/ 2 Scatter Lasers
    80 pts

War Walker w/ 2 Bright Lances
    100 pts

Summary
    480 points (20 spare)
    [snapback]345288[/snapback]
    However, I would drop the scatterlaser walker, which would bring you down to the 400 points that you are normally allowed to field in the 40k in 40 mins. Furthermore, Id drop the bright lances and replace them with starsannons, you won´t encounter any armor worthy of the BLs anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Originally posted by Farseer Sareld@Mar 6 2005, 09:37
    I like your list (Y)

It is kind of simple to play, but again, you are just starting out so I think that it is perfectly ok for you to rely on basic tactics for a start.
    However, I would drop the scatterlaser walker, which would bring you down to the 400 points that you are normally allowed to field in the 40k in 40 mins. Furthermore, Id drop the bright lances and replace them with starsannons, you won´t encounter any armor worthy of the BLs anyway.
    [snapback]345340[/snapback]
    Am I gonna be able to deal with horde armies without the scatter lasers? I mean, practically everyone else is a sniper..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

If you drop the lances and get some starcannons instead, you should have a chance. and if you could raise your wound base a little it would also come in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Hmm.. actually, I kinda wanna stay away from an army that'd be really straight forward to play, which is the impression I'm getting for this list I made (from everyone's response). I'd rather lose a lot in the beginning and learn to use a stronger list than to win a lot and use a mediocre list.

How would I change the army to make it more effective, then? Kinda considering Biel Tan too, but a lot of units to choose from... hmm..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest i'd drop the warwalkers and get some wraithlords w/ starcannons or bright lances. You need the h2h power,and besides,4 disruption rolls in 400 points is already pushing it,so the wraithlords are alright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Exept that they are not allowed in games like that. You cannot have units with W3 or more.

I agree, the walkers is not the best choice... But what about vypers? You can squeeze two of them in your list, and they are really great units to work with (Y)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast