Starting Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had the Necrons at the back of my head, but i never really got the courage to tell my self that i would consider collecting them. What i want to know is how hard/easy they are to play, what their tactics are like (like are they just a sit back and shoot Tau sort of army?), and how often does the phase out rule happen? Any info on this would be helpful thanks

Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the necrons are good with range and good with cc.
    Granted, not as good as tau in range, and not centered around cc, so they can do most anything you want. Most of their wepons are assault, so just charge up with them, and you can do some good damage.

Of course that is my opinions, the crons are pretty flexible
    But you do have to watch out for phase out. crons are tough to kill, but a phase out is the cron players worst fear. That why you always shoudl get lots of warriors.
    Fear not the light for I am the darkness, fear not the darkness for I am the light. Fear what you do not know, for that is I.

I am niether the light nor the darkness, the good or the evil, I am the omnipotent force that drives them, the force that controls them. The force that you do not see, but is always there.

I am neither living nor dead, alive or dying, but i am the existence, the existence of what you did, and of what you did not do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is allowed, but swing by C'Tan Support Group (C'Tan Support Group) and there are tacticas posted for what Necrons do, how well they work, strengths and weaknesses, and dispelling myths...

But in short summary:

Strengths:
    - Gets back up
    - Marine Stats
    - awesome against vehicles
    - Very mobile strong weapons (destroyers)
    - Lots of funky special rules (Wraith Phasing, Teleporting) that people aren't used to
    - Awesome models (IMHO)

Weaknesses:
    - lack of options
    - lack of really long range or template weapons
    - lack of AP3 or AP2 weapons
    - a lot of units are pretty slow
    - VERY low initiative (sweeping advance is bad)
    - Costly units

Phasing out... happened a few times when I didn't bring enough warriors or got swept after losing close combat... otherwise, it doesn't happen a lot unless the person has A LOT of firepower and gets lucky with die rolls if you bring at least 35% of your points in warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya standing back up. my friends hate my necrons when they stand back up, my dark eldar friend fired a ravenger against my immortals i had 8 he hit and wounded 7 and they fell, next turn when i roll for wbb 6 stood back up like it was nothing. so funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons- the Army that everyone calls cheesy for some reason.

**ENTERS RANT MODE**

NECRONS ARN'T CHEESY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THERE IS NO CHEESE CHEESE IS JUST MADE UP BY NOOBS WHO THINK THAT THEY CAN WIN BY TELLING THERE OPPONENT WHAT ARMY THEY CAN HAVE

**NOW LEAVING RANT MODE**

Anyway, necrons are a great army, with wbb, gauss, good armour, and great troops. Their main disadvantage is phase out. If you like a lot of troops (I've seen a necron army have more troop models then a 'nid army) then necrons are the way to go. Plus, necrons have some of the coolest fluff ever.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron tactics i like to use mostly use destroyers and veil of darkness equipped lord to get the most maneuverability i can out of those rusty ol&#39; tin cans.

If you can keep your destroyers up and firing then they will be able to do massive damage (especially to non-power armoured units) and if you can use your lord with the veil and either 10 destroyers or 15-20 warriors, you can begin to annoy and confuse people by attacking from multiple angles, sandwich individual units between immortals and destroyers, then if you have to Veil out next turn.

Not got a monolith yet, but i&#39;ve thought a lot about how to use &#39;em. I think i&#39;d mainly it in a support role to help with wbb rolls
    <span style='color:green'>Think yer clever with yer land raider do yer? I&#39;LL GAUSS YER, YA STUPID SMURF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

+ Reply to Thread