Ork Dreadnaught - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ork Dreadnaught

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about getting an Ork Dreadnaught to support my Boyz in battle and I was wondering, What weapons are included in the Boxed set and how many of each? Also, should I reaplace both of its close combat weapons to make a Big Shooty Dread? Thanx for yor help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Kanz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I already have a couple of Kanz, but i'm gonna need serious supporting fire as i will 3 opponents in my next battle (Tau, Imperial Guard, Eldar) So i'm need all the Big shootaz I can get......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle wagon... Three big shootas... And then you can either have a dreadnoguht with 2 close combat weapons or a looted tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'de go for the looted tank.. It'll give you some nice ordanance. (I'de go for the lemon russ) Or go for a squad of Kanz all having big shootas.. That gives you 9 atatcks.. (But remmember Kanz and dreads are REALLY slow and are a big threat to the enemy.. The almost always die in the 2nd turn or so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say a looted basilisk swhich is bound to be shot at by the enemy so your boyz will survive.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's another reason to for the lemon russ.. It has more armor and will still be shot at.. AND it has good infrantry killers.. (Heavy bolters, Lascannon) The bassilisk only has 1 heavy bolter the lemon russ has two plus the lascannon.. AND when your playing ork the barrage thing is USLESS!!! Cause BS2 is almost never gonna hit anyway... Especialy with scatter dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... Woops.. I forgot blast's you don't rol for hit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i'll go with the kanz and just keep them in cover while the Slugga Boyz run up the front. With a squad of more than 12, who says that they'll fail Morale at all.... I was gonna go with a Looted Basilisk but decided to wait for the new model to come out. That way I'll have more bitz to convert with....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. I'm glad I could help.. The difference between Bassilisk and Lemon russ is soully upon opinion.. (I hope I did help) Kanz are more mobile then dreads and the enemy needs to kill three things rather then one.. And this way you have 3 close combat weapons and 3 guns

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast