Your Thoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Your Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a tourny comin up this weekend...and this is the list that i came up with for 1000 pts...i need 88 more...what you guys think i should add?

--HQ--

Reaver Jetbike Lord (Archon)
    Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Power Weapon, Splinter Pistol, Tormentor Helm (166pts)

--Elites--

x10 Wyches, Wyche Weapons
    Succubus - Agonizer, Splinter Pistol
    Raider (204pts)

Total Elites (204pts)

--Troops--

x10 Warriors, x1 w/ Splinter Cannon x1 w/ Blaster
    Sybarite w/ Agonizer, Splinter Pistol
    Raider (122pts)

x10 Warriors, x1 w/ Splinter Cannon x1 w/ Blaster
    Sybarite w/ Agonizer, Splinter Pistol
    Raider (122pts)

x10 Warriors, x2 w/ Dark Lance (100pts)

x10 Warriors, x2 w/ Dark Lance (100pts)

--Fast Attack--

x5 Reaver Jetbike Squad, x2 w/ Blaster
    Succubus - Agonizer, Splinter Pistol (182pts)

Total Fast Attack (182pts)

--Heavy Support--

Ravager, x3 Disintegrators (120pts)

Total for Army (912pts)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds really good for 1000 points, i would put combat drugs on the sybriaets and succubus to make them better in close combay, and umm give the ravager a holo field cause then you can shoot things that have 36 range and they can never shoot you back

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I would not recommend combat drugs for squad characters. These are simply not worth the points.

You have to use two drug effects to have a chance to get the points back (especially in case of the succubus, who LOSES her normal random drugs if she gets a drug dispenser), but then you risk to kill thje character, who is expensive and essential for the squad's efficiency.

A night shield can be effective if you play on a big table and the opponent uses many heavy bolters and plasma cannons.

Note that the reaver succubus cannot use the splinter pistol, as she needs one hand to control the bike. Give her a tormentor helm, and haywires (in order to finish off vehicles).
    I'd recommend changing her agonizer to a power weapon, because of the same reasons why the Lord has a power weapon: with S4, you already won't have problems to wound your opponents, and a drug roll of S+1 would be wasted.

You could get another reaver jetbike for that squad, then you have three meat shields and you can take exactly three casualties without being below 50% - that's optimal.

With the rest of the points you could afford a squad of warp beasts, eventually reduce one raider squad to fewer warriors and drop a sybarithe. Eventually you can afford a third "minimal" raider squad then, which is useful for screening purposes.

jwu

Closed Thread