Gargoyles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gargoyles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to know if i should get some gargoyles because all of my friends who used to play nids said they were bad. tell me the good and bad things about gargoyles or why you like them.

<-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Bad? These acquaintances of Yours didn&#39;t bother to state it any more specifically?

As far as I&#39;m concerned, the only bad point about the Gargoyles is that they&#39;re a bit pricey, and even that can be rather easily circumvented by converting them from plastic Gaunts.

Ruleswise, they&#39;re the best deal in abilities for points in the curent Codex. I do prefer Leaping Gaunts myself, but in larger games a brood of Gargoyles is a frequent sight in my lists.

Tacticswise, I use the in much the same way as I use Leaping Gaunts... They&#39;re as cheap as Leaping Gaunts (in fact cheaper than my Leapers) and thus equally disposable. Kill things? On a lucky day, but just like Gaunts in general, their main purpose is to engage enemy troops in CC to hinder enemy shooting.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good: maximum of 18" movment including fleet (faster engagement). extra kills from BioPlasma and fleshborer. worth about 14 pts a piece&#33;

bad: the cost to buy them in blisters....
    -Can I pretend this guardian is an Exarch?
    -Well, I'll just pretend this jellybean is a Dreadnought, then when it's destroyed I can eat it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

I&#39;d love to use Gargoyles. Based solely on the point, they&#39;re a bloody steal&#33; I&#39;d definitely field a couple broods of 15, if I had enough. That&#39;s the problem, though. They&#39;re expensive so I only have 10 and they&#39;re also a real pain to transport.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for less points you can get better gaunts with wings like st bp
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by deathdealer@Mar 9 2005, 15:22
    for less points you can get better gaunts with wings like st bp
    [snapback]348255[/snapback]

huh? what is st bp?

the only really bad thing is that they are expensive to buy as someone mentioned above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scything talons bio plasma
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Such a gaunt costs only like 40% more than a gargoyle...no, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The current Garg&#39;s are outstanding for their pts, plz plz GW make them plastic. :wub:
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Originally posted by Doc334ft3@Mar 9 2005, 15:49
    The current Garg&#39;s are outstanding for their pts, plz plz GW make them plastic. :wub:
    [snapback]348283[/snapback]
    It&#39;ll be even better if the rumour about "living ammo" for Fleshborers is true. Right now the lack of AP makes a winged Gaunt with Spinefists a better option for firepower -- and it even costs a bit less (though it has probably half the effectiveness in assault). Still, I&#39;ve got to wonder if Gargoyles&#39; point cost will change in the new codex. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast