Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
hi all tyranid players,
i collected DA, crons and Tau<---(which is being sold) for Tyranids. i want a balanced 1500pt army with the ability to take on any army but with one specialty, having a strong core of genestealers and gaunts. Can all the experts in Tyranid formulate or give advice on how to make an army list that would be effective and still look impressive on the battlefield.
I'm not all that good With Tyranid.. But I know a thing or too... Lictors, Carnifexes, Hivetyrants, Ravagers.. Are personally some of the best untis TYranid has... (I'de try to put some of thoughs in) But I'm not really a TYranid player.. I just have a TYranid codex.. (I'm basing my thoughts on numbers)
I have played the tyranids, but it died after a few months. I do however have a friend that does tyranids and if I remember correctly his army unit style was as follows:1 hive tyrant; around 6-8 flying warriors; a 12 brood force of genestealers; around a couple of 22-24 hormagaunts and termagaunts. I think that was it, but I think he had more gaunts, his genestealers had scythe talons to big a big threat in combat, he then had a terrifying model for heavy support>a Scythe Heirodule.
If you want to ask him questions tell him I(my real name is JJ) that I gave you his email to ask you, but here is my email so I can send it to you privately:I don't want any others to bombard him w/ emails(but give me your name so I know that you are the right person):
The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO
i dont think i have seen one army list that will cover every opponent. all i can say is you need a tyrant at least 2 gaurd (unless your doing a winged tyrant, although guard can be a second hq choice and protect your zoanthrope of carnifex) genestealers and gaunts. spine guants are the most effective as far a points go but the strenght 4 shot for the basic termie is useful of some fields. biovores are greath so is old one eye and the carnifex. everythign els is prefferance myself i love gargolyes.
but just read the nid vboard and look at what posted amry lists have in comming
Heya, here's a few suggestions that has worked for me in the past.
1) Each gaunt squad should (if not must) have a hive node. It's only 10 points but check the amount of species in your army to see how many models in the squad you'll need to add one. Broods of 12 is my standard size for gaunt squads.
2) Like what others have said, put in a hive tyrant. Arm it with a venom cannon if you're not sure on what you want to do with it.
3) Biovores are your friend They can shoot over terrain and you don't need to roll to hit, just scatter. Then the mines have a chance of scattering into an enemy later. I recomend poison mines for general use.
4) Have at least two seperate squads of warriors. The extra synapse area is well worth it.
5) I usually stick in some zornthropes with warp blast. They've proved to be excellent anti-tank weapons at range.
6) Lastly, for fun you can have both the Red Terror and Old One Eye in a 1500 pts army. I've never done that, but i just wanted to point that out. My army is set up for 1850 so I almost never use Old One Eye (that and I don't own it) So, its usually a normal Carnifex and the Red Terror.
There is a lot that can be done with Tyranids with making your own hive fleet. Try to make use of all your options. The numbers above are just some of the beasties I prefer using. I really should stick my army list up for review...anyways have fun
i agree, i once saw an extremely fast nid army at a small tourney (around 8 people) i spectated at... i cant remember fully, but he had like
winged tyrant, winged warriors, 5 or so ravagers, leaping gaunts, hormagaunts, 2 biovores and a fex
was around 1500pts
worked well, very fast