Converting For The Greater Good - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an enlightened society we preach co-operation over conflict and actively look to bring other society's into the fold.

So far (official rules) we've managed limited trading with rouge-traders of the imperium and have limited number of humans working for the Greater Good. But who else could (or should) we turn our eyes upon?

Elder? Not likley, they are a far older civilization than ours and while we would eventually reach a level where they have no choice (few milienia) they would stay distinctly seperate.

Space-Marines? We'll probably have to eradicate the lot of them

Dark-eldar? Containment

Tyranids? Purge

Necrons? Purge

Chaos? Contain within Eye of Terror

Orks? Would be very very hard, considering we've had run-ins allready

To be honest it looks like the only society we could successfully convert would be the Imperial Guard. Along with having small squads of human auxilleries i doubt it would be too far out of the realm of imagination to see a Chimera or Ballisk on the battlefield in Tau colors.

While the Tau obviously preach the efficiency of their technology it would be easier to let the humans use the equipment they've been using untill they can be trained to use devilfish.

(and would more importantly lead to some really cool conversions and additions to a somewhat stale Tau battleforce&#33

We really lack fresh-blood in the shape of differing squads. Im thinking of adding a squad of mutants as like what is described in your latest White Dwarf. Im sure we would have the Imperial cast-off's in abundance. If everyone hates you, who better to cash you luck with than people who look stranger than you.
    A couple conversted ogres from ogre kingdom would look great

Or maybe some skaven assassins appropriatly decked out could make an apperance as an additional scout troop choice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i realise i was aliitle biased to eldar... because i was once an eldar / warhammer skaven player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually the eldar would probably work beside the tau.
    They are not xenophobic like the Imperium even Farseer said he found a strange protectiveness where teh tau were concerned.
    The other i would likely agree with save on two things.
    Not all Space marine chapters are that xenophobic either as teh Tau do force their allies to abondon their beliefs it is possible that a very few would work with the Tau.
    You forgot renegade marine chapters, like the Steel Cobra's those who are not allied to chaos but whom the imperium has discarded, they would work beside the tau as well
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True with the eldar. I meant in the fact i couldn't see the Tau being the administrators of the Elder race but more as highly respected partners.

And truth be told i didnt know about break-a-way factions of Sm's. I thought it went one of two ways.

1- For the Emperor!
    2- For the Gods!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Dark_Wraith@Mar 12 2005, 10:44
    True with the eldar. I meant in the fact i couldn't see the Tau being the administrators of the Elder race but more as highly respected partners.

And truth be told i didnt know about break-a-way factions of Sm's. I thought it went one of two ways.

1- For the Emperor!
    2- For the Gods!
    [snapback]350611[/snapback]
    Nah.

There are a lot of breakaway chapters - of course, all of them are "heretics."

However, not all of them (just most of them) go to Chaos. Some still, in a way, fight for the Imperium, just not for the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.. it does seem the universe is a little short of open-minded cultures. I mean, GW made an entirely new species along with Tau for that purpose, being Kroot. On that note however, there's other "lesser" species out there like the Kroot, who haven't been recognised with their own Codex. I'm sure at least SOME of those might join the Empire.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Dalahir@Mar 13 2005, 06:13
    Yes.. it does seem the universe is a little short of open-minded cultures. I mean, GW made an entirely new species along with Tau for that purpose, being Kroot. On that note however, there's other "lesser" species out there like the Kroot, who haven't been recognised with their own Codex. I'm sure at least SOME of those might join the Empire.
    [snapback]351224[/snapback]
    I'm almost 100% positive that there are, indeed, other races within the Tau empire - they just are not as abundant nor used as much as Kroot. I'd see them as helping out with protecting colonies, working farms, etc. and going places a Tau can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently known allies and/or servants of the Greater Good:

Tau (Obviously.)
    Nhiccasar (Care of BFG Armada)
    Kroot (Main Codex, BFG Armada)
    Human Auxiliaries (Care of Chapter Approved 2004)
    Demiurg (Allies, BFG Armada)

Anyone else know of any further, mentioned, races?

(Edit: Whoops. Nicassar. Didn't have BFG Armada on me at the time.)
    If you're supposed to be a Goth, where were you when we sacked Rome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Originally posted by V4Viorla+Mar 15 2005, 06:25--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V4Viorla &#064; Mar 15 2005, 06:25)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nhiccasar (Care of BFG Armada)
    [snapback]352837[/snapback]
    [/b]

- and -
    <!--QuoteBegin-V4Viorla
    @Mar 15 2005, 06:25
    "Demiurg (Allies, BFG Armada)"
    [snapback]352837[/snapback]
    [/quote]
    I&#39;ve never even heard of those... where do they come from? And where did you find that INFO?
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ever played Battle Fleet Gothic? (BFG) they are in there.
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast