Mutaions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutaions

Member Brother Captain Shadow Dragon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When figuring out the number of species you is a leaping gaunt and a gaunt with spinefists considered different species?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Yes: As far as Gaunts go, differing biomorphs and bioweapons result in different species.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Mar 12 2005, 154
    Yes: As far as Gaunts go, differing biomorphs and bioweapons result in different species.
    [snapback]350732[/snapback]
    THanks for the help. With the new codex coming I hope its not to late to come back to my favorite army. I officialy have tried just about every army in a short time to figure which best suited me. Well it has to be the bugs. Long live the Nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHat if it is only 500pts in the army and I have Warriors (HQ), Spinegaunts (TROOP), and Scythgaunts (TROOP)? Does that mean that for every 3 models/wounds in my troop choices I can mutate them? Or is it a total force up to Hive Tyrant and so forth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

You must understand that there are a total of three lists with the Tyranids:

1. Codex Army List. This is the front part of the Tyranid Codex and is where You may choose Your units from. You're not forced to take all of them in a single list, just what's available.

2. Custom Hivefleet List. This replaces the Codex Army List, and becomes the new list from which You choose Your units from. As such, it must fulfill certain requirements, see Codex page 36, right column, "Force Organisation", line four: "... your hive fleet species list must include..." Your Mutation count is based on this list. Again, You're not require to field all of them in a game (just what's available to You), but the Mutations are always counted from the entire species list!

3. Game Army List. This is what You field in a game, and contains units You've picked from one of the aforementioned lists. This list must fulfill specific mission requirements (like Standard mission's 1 HQ and 2 T).

That said, You can have a 3-species list...

In this case the Warriors would count as the mandatory HQ/E choices, and with certain bioweapons would also count for the mandatory HS choice. This is due the fact that Warriors can count as multiple choices without affecting species and vary bioweaponry without changing species.

They would all have to have identical biomorphs, though.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Mar 12 2005, 166
    You must understand that there are a total of three lists with the Tyranids:

1. Codex Army List. This is the front part of the Tyranid Codex and is where You may choose Your units from. You're not forced to take all of them in a single list, just what's available.

2. Custom Hivefleet List. This replaces the Codex Army List, and becomes the new list from which You choose Your units from. As such, it must fulfill certain requirements, see Codex page 36, right column, "Force Organisation", line four: "... your hive fleet species list must include..." Your Mutation count is based on this list. Again, You're not require to field all of them in a game (just what's available to You), but the Mutations are always counted from the entire species list!

3. Game Army List. This is what You field in a game, and contains units You've picked from one of the aforementioned lists. This list must fulfill specific mission requirements (like Standard mission's 1 HQ and 2 T).
    That said, You can have a 3-species list...

In this case the Warriors would count as the mandatory HQ/E choices, and with certain bioweapons would also count for the mandatory HS choice. This is due the fact that Warriors can count as multiple choices without affecting species and vary bioweaponry without changing species.

They would all have to have identical biomorphs, though.
    [snapback]350771[/snapback]
    THanks that helps me out alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. i thought i read everyvy last word in the codex... now i've got to write down various things to make sure i have the right amount of gaunts for my mutants... DAMN YOU UZI!!!
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the topic of different species, would the red terror count as a ravener, or a different species on its own and the same question for old one eye, is he a carnifex or a different species?
    loves the funeral for hearts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are both different species. Any units with different biomorphs are always different species. Any gaunts or rippers with different weapons are considered separate species as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Fire freneticist, check the Chapter Approved FAQs, specifically the Tyranid one, and see for Yourself the official clarification regarding RT and OOE. (Y)

+ Reply to Thread