Tyranid Character Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an idea for a special-character lictor. It is called "Stalker-Killer", and is basicly a lictor with increased WS and S (each to 7) and three added special rules (in addition to the normal lictor rules). The first rule is called "enhanced stealth". This replaces "Stealth". Enemy shots fired at Stalker-Killer will only hit on a to hit roll of 6, regardless of BS. The second special rule for Stalker-Killer is "Venomous Talons". They count as two pairs of scything talons with rending on a 4+. Against vehicles, hits lower than the vehicle's armour may have a d6 rolled for them. On a d6 roll of 5+, the hit counts as a glancing hit anyway, with a minus-one modifier. If the modifier would take the hit off the Glancing Hit table, then the hit does nothing. The third rule is leaping. Stalker-Killer costs 140 points and may not be mutated or biomorphed in any way, shape, or form. Please give feedback and tell me what you think about the Stalker-Killer. I can write up fluff if you want me to (I need to think of it first).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would personally love to have a unit like this, but just because its cheese. It doesn&#39;t fit in with the rest of the army. The Rending on a 4+ and the extra vehicle stuff? That sounds like it belongs to a power armor army or something not nid. Instead of all those rules, it would be a TMC. If I were you, I would suggest a Lictor with the cool stealth idea you had, that had S6 or 7, WS6, and either 2x ST or ST, RC. Also, the leaping doesn&#39;t go along very well with the lictor conceptually IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of a leaping lictor&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

i reckon a TMC lictor is a cool idea, just like OOE (Carnifex) and TRT (Ravener). (Y)

Maybe the TMC Lictor could have an invulnerable save to represent its amped-up chameleonic scales (ya... right&#33;&#33;&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that mabye the talons should have the benefits of MC attacks, but not make Stalker-Killer a TMC (giant, 20-foot tall lictor STALKING around?). The reason I gave Stalker-Killer leaping is to reperesent it pouncing on it&#39;s prey (like canned food <SM>).
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t like the thought of ONLY hitting on a 6. I think this Lictor hero should have the Night Fight rules and a 4+ cover save.

It&#39;d be like Deamon Hunters armor
    Faced by rejection, no hope of acception,
    Constantly thinking of destruction, never reminded of redemption.
    Forgetting ressurection, seeing only frustration.
    Pierced by a lethal injection, Bleeding from wounds re-opened, memories never mentioned,
    Images never wanted, thoughts never summoned. Feelings fade away, most happiness freed from its cage. Broken from burdens, everything becomes a haze...

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mavrik' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mavrik</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Here&#39;s my idea for a Lictor-derived "unique monster":

Statline as Lictor, except:

T +1
    Sv +1 (Armour)

Weaponry: 2x ScyTal (it doesn&#39;t need RenC, read on)

Special rules:

TMC (replaces Fearless and Independent)

Secret Deployment: Enemy check is at 5+ to spot it, and all the usual modifiers apply... It&#39;s bigger, so it&#39;s also easier to find.

Stealth as normal.

Hit and Run as normal.

Any additional special rules to make it unique as the OOE and RT were, without making it more complicated... Hmm. I&#39;d consider something using the fluff reference of Lictors eating the brains of their victims to assimilate limited knowledge of the prey species, but that might be too confusing to apply. :hmm:

Improved Stealth is an option: As normal, but additionally a check is always required in order to see the creature (as Tau Stealth Suits or Night Fighting rules). This might seem a bit contradictory to some, and thus this one would probably replace Secret Deployment.

As for the costs, I&#39;d put it at 150-160... Mainly due to still having the Secret Deployment rule which would make it rather formidable.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think would be good for lictors....or a special type of lictor is a kind of shock and confusion special rule, maybe d6 extra attacks on the turn the lictor arrives to show the lictor stalking and attacking the enemy catching them unaware
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

+ Reply to Thread