Upgrade Expensive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to field an all tau army with no kroot, but im worried about being mashed up in cc ,so i was looking at farsight and see ork fighter but then , :o 5 points what a rip off i could nearly buy a kroot for that price, so does anybody have any idea how i can atleast try prepare my tau for the onslaught of cc

Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Photonflash grenades are good if you get assaulted, but dont worry, if they get this close you are unlucky with the dice :Þ
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I played with kroot all they ended up doing was sit in the forest and shoot, so I just stoped using them.

How do tau win in cc? don&#39;t get into it*

*unless you&#39;re farsight or a CS/stealth suit team with ork fighter.

P.S. if you do use farsight, only bother puting ork fighter on your suits or stealth anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is farsight ok to put in 1500 point battles or should he stick to 1000 points , btw thx 4 the advice you 2
    Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farsight works great for me . Once over 2000, he suks tho . I disagree about only giving ork fighter to suits though. It depends on which army you are facing. Tyranids, Space Marines, DA, Eldar, SOB, Chaos, u dead in CC. Orks, IG, Necrons, u can ward them off with the extra WS and I. A Shas&#39;O with the ork fighter kicks ass in CC (5 WS and I, 4 W and A, and str 5).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so far ive decided to give the ork fighter upgrade to the commander,xv8 bodyguards,xv8 crisis,broadsides and thats all.......any you think i should change? And also should i give the stealth team / pathfinder team the upgrade ??? :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why in the world are you giving ork fighter to your broadsides?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno but I&#39;d say that you should give it to the stealth teams first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i figured the broadsides are pretty tough with there 2+ save so if it gets bad............ chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that far sight&#39;s option to give other units those upgrades for 5 points is a bit of a rip off. I do think he&#39;s still a solid investment. He can get around the board as a threat emerges, and is a fine asset in cc.

While kroot work better, you could probably use tau fw as a meatshield. Put two squads towards the front of your army, and give em photon grenades. They shoudn&#39;t expect to win, but if your enemy is able to get in assault, then they are going to be in 12" of them at some point, so you can rapid fire (which is a great thing). Its really not a great substitute for kroot, because trying to play any tau at h2h is an act of futility, but they can tie up bad guys and protect broadsides and such (be careful about the meatshield, even with kroot, because its best not to block line of site for those guys)

I&#39;d prefer to keep my army mobile. I never had too much of a problem keeping crisis suits or stealth teams keeping out of battle (even though things get a little tricky against &#39;nids and seraphim and such).

I also, probably like all other tau players, target transports first, as well as fast moving units.

Closed Thread