Fast Moving Vehicles Over 24 Inches - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I was told today that fast moving vehicles that move up to 24 inches on a turn, i.e. I swing my Wave Serpant 24 inches basically into your deployment zone, can only be hit during the shooting phase on a role of a 6.

This confused me as I thougth the rule was a model attempting to hit a vehicle that moved over 12 inches could only be hit in close combat on a 6??

Does this apply to shooting and hand to hand? Only reason I ask was it was a GW staff who was infering the rule.

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its only in close combat.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only in CC. Also it's if you move more than 6" in a turn do they hit on a 6 in CC. You can only get glancing hitsagainst your vehivle if you move more than 6" and are hit by a ranged weapon.
    TOGIT and Roll To Wound. Any group or store wants to challenge us come to our forum and tell us. Our group of gamers is getting stale and were all jumping for a new challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Thanks for the correction, i was pretty sure of it, but kinda caught me off guard from a GW staff. Would have been cool though
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Theey may have been thinking the skimmer in CC rule, where 's are needed to hit, or the jet bike rule that if you move 24(ending at least 18 from the spot) you r save is invulnerable, which wouldn't mean a thing to a falcon/av vehicle. Side note, only thing is as mentioned before, all hits are glancing if you move >6". Hope that helps.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

This thread has served it's purpose.

<closed>
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Closed Thread