Destroyer Lord + Scarabs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone ever use the Destroyer Lord and a squad of Scarabs? Seems like they would do okay but i've never tried it. I will try it on Friday but I would like to know if I have missed anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against what army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idea i heard was to use lightning field, so that any model that kills a scarab in cc gets a strength 3 hit. not tried it but it sounded interesting.

Could use the lord with a warscythe as well, tie up and take out those annoying termies.
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightning Field is really only useful again Toughness 3 units with 5+ or 6+ armor saves.

I wouldn't even bother otherwise... you won't inflict enough wounds to make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This lord will be fighting Tau tomorrow. I was trying to decide between a lighting field or a gaze of flame. Im also getting the 10Immortal/1RO,VoD Lord combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

The Destroyer-Lord-Lightning-Field-Scarab combination does work very well against the Eldar, IG, Tau, and Orks. (It would work fine against the Tyranids, but what are you doing getting into CC with Tyranids?)

If you have the points, giving that Lord the Gaze of Flame as well would be most useful. This, however, is one instance where there really is no need to give those Scarabs the Disruption Fields, as you wouldn't ge going tank-hunting with this squad; plus, the Lord's Warscythe hits plenty hard against armor anyway.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it worked. I had a Destroyer Lord with Gaze, Lightning and a squad of 10 scarabs. They turbo boosted behind some cover first round then assaulted next round. I got up in his face and ended up killing a lot of stuff. The other Lord I had was the VoD/ResO/10Immortal combo and that did considerably less good for me. Other than killing the squad Aun'shi was with and Aun'shi.

Anyway I did real well last night. So well that on the 5th turn when I had completely wiped him out I still had 1786 points on the table. Out of the 2500 we started with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That combo could be funny cause it isn´t a usual tactic. vs low armor armies it´s really cool for beating the HQ. I have killd many DE HQ with that tactic. 10 sacrabs are 20 S3 hits so 15 wounds = many deaths. And another important idea, You could engage that HQ many turn cause sacarabs has 30 wounds. Funny Funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarabs have 3 attacks so it would be 30 hits at str 3. Imagine if you gave them disruption fields. Goodbye Imperial Guard. I plan on buying 13 more scarabs so I can have 3 full squads of 10. This would own armys like Tau/IG/Eldar/DE in my oppinion. I have owned Tau with it. Atleast that is to say that everytime ive gotten them they have gotten their points back.

+ Reply to Thread