Critique My 1500 Tau Army Plz? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hq:
    ethereal(50)

elite:
    1* crisis suit, twin linked plasma rifles, multi tracker[cheap and i had to take somthing](59 each)
    1* crisis suit, twin linked plasma rifles, multi tracker[cheap and i had to take somthing](59 each)

troops:
    4*12 fw's bonded(130 each)
    2*6fw's bonded(70 each)

fast attack:
    2*8 gun drones(96 each)

heavy:
    2*hammerhead, railgun, burst cannon, multi trackers, decoy launchers (165 each)

i was thinking of dropping some fw's and getting broadsides. also can you comment on my decision to only have an eth for hq.

i will be mostly fighting guard and chaos undivided.

appreciate any advice, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditch the multi-trackers, since they are completely useless with your load-out, and put on flamers instead. Sounds crazy, but might hit a situation where you want to use them vs guard, since guard are fairly unlikely to charge you, and it'll be better than shooting the Plasma at them. It's less useless than having the multi-trackers, anyway.

Alternatively, you could fill the spot with a drone controller, which is free, and then just not buy any drones for them!

Ethereal is ok, in my opinion, but Aun'shi is much, much better. In either case, it makes bonding pretty useless.

Either ditch the two 6 man squads or form them up into one squad. I favor ditching them. 48 FW is enough. You can use the remaining points to either get more crisis suits, improve the load out on your current crisis suits, or get kroot. A full 20 squad of kroot (140pts) is always good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

This might want to go in the army lists section?

My main critique of this army is its lack of anti-tank weapons. Yes a Railgun is good but I have 4 in 1500, 2 of them are broadsides which hit more often than Hammerheads. They are also more survivable.

I lascannon and your Hammerhead is down and your in trouble.

Hammerheads are mainly anti-infantry with ion-cannon for Marines and submunitions on everything else. I use my Broadsides as anti-tank as Hammerheads as a last resort.

It might be worthwhile to equip some suits for anti-tank with fusion blasters and deep strike.

Thats alot of fire warriors, they ought to gun down almost everything Sir P, is correct in saying you need bonding less, but seriously give them a shas'ui-the same Ld as Space marines!

Squads of 6 have thier uses, bait and bullet shields mainly
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think two rail guns is enough for 1500 pts. I'm fond of markerlighting for them so they don't miss so much, though. I tend to have a crisis suit with Fusion as a back-up plan.

Nothing wrong with FW, I just think he has more than enough. Not everything can be killed with withering amounts of fire, though I'll grant most things can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

60 Fire Warriors is excessive I'll grant you. (I take just 24)

But I am used to playing in 1500 3 Russes and a Hellhound so you may be correct on the Rail front. Markerlighting is good but without pathfinders...squad shas'ui's only hit half the time and thers comparativly few of them.

My Tau army struggles against marines, this one has potential especialy if you beef up the survivability of your suits, gie the Hammerheads Ion cannon and drop some fire warriors for broadsides drop 20 for 2 broadsides, fully droned and ready to kill Land Raiders.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.....I use a different variation of that. I have NO ethereals, two Shas'O commanders w/plasma for killing marines, and a bunch of other things. I would change the crisis suits to 2 Shas'o or Shas'el and attach them to drone squadrons so that they have a shield of wounds. I also recommend more devilfish and hammerheads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Deleted by Wolf Raider- English is this forum's language.
    Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i originally did have less fw&#39;s and more broadsides [2 of them] but against guard it made my army smaller still.

very nice idea with the flamers though

and hammerheads are actually quite hard to kill, move them every turn and reroll immobilised.

i think against chaos ill take less fw&#39;s and have 3 lots of 2 crisis suits with plasma.[he doesnt field a lot of tanks so 2 railguns should be enough]

edit: i just realised that only comes to 1409pts, 91 left&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good&#33;

Since you are playing a lot of Guard you will want a full squad of stealthsuits. Ditch the two 6 man and put in a 6 man stealthsuit squad.

18 str 5 shots aginst guard is nothing to be laughing at.

to fit them put 2 of the crisis together or make one a commander. Crisis suits take off one plasma rifle and instead take the flamer, it makes them cheaper and more effective.

If you have points left take a kroot squad, it will tear through the guard as guard are horrible in CC
    What can I say? Its an Ork eat Ork world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the plasma is for the marines. i will take twin linked burst cannons or missile pods for the guard and some more broadsides as he has a huge ammount of tanks.

hmm. come to think of it, ill probly take fusion blasters for the crisis suits as well. [he has a LOT of tanks]

+ Reply to Thread