Raveners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raveners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought 3 Raveners and dont know what to give them weapons wise. I also havent used them before. So can someone tell me how they fair in CC and shooting and what to give them?

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

If you&#39;re dead-set on using Raveners, the best combo right now is Scything Talons and Rending Claws. Then you send them tank hunting / picking off stragglers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

the most commen cc combinations are, 2 pair of scything talons or 1 pair scything talons and 1 pair of rending claws.

of course when the new codex arrives this might alter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow deadly
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Chaos will fall </span></span>

<span style='color:blue'>tyranids will rule the Galaxy with a bloody claw </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally love raveners, but that&#39;s just me. I&#39;d take one unit w/ ST RC and one unit w/ 2x ST.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

with the new codex, raveners now have the option of taking a thorax mounted weapon as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Currently: Leaping Warriors are better, for less points.

If using Raveners, I would take ScyTal + RenClw... They&#39;re most effective (and safe) in CC, and with that bioweapon combo they&#39;re a potential threat to pretty much anything in the game. Against vehicles they tend to fare best for kill/point-ratio.

Wouldn&#39;t go with 2xScyT, since then they are not a threat to SM and the like... And You&#39;ll need some of that RenC punch even against "softies" like IG and Orks. If You&#39;re dead-set on cutting soft targets to ribbons, just take Leaping Gaunts with ScyT.

Wouldn&#39;t go with ranged bioweapons, since they really are not that effective with their cruddy BS. This might change in the 4thEd, though, which promises enhanced range and effectiveness for many ranged bioweapons.

Of course, the current rumour is as Dreachon said... They can get both their full set of CC bioweapons and a thorax-mounted bioweapon. Oh, and their basic cost is rumoured to be less than the current ones. We shall see... (Y)

Another note: Currently, Raveners are weak and fragile, and an entire brood can be easily dispatched with most ranged weapons the opponents have. Thus I find it best to deploy them in as small broods as possible, to force the enemy to waste the maximum amount of fire to kill them all... As stated above, even that single ScyT + RenC Ravener is a potential threat to most vehicles in the game, and can contest quarters, claim objectives, etc.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thnx for all the advice but what if I was going against DE and all his troops are in transports?
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

raveners are cool
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>THE REAL SHADOW ELF IS HERE&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The tyranids will rip you to peices as soon as they rip your friends</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the st rc set is good for transports but with stuff like DE outside them dont overlook the devourer
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast