Help Against Unstopable Biel Tan Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend has beaten every single player in my gaming club repeatdly with this army, i'm really sick of losing to it, so i need some strategic advice to take it down
    pts=1850
    HQ
    jain zar, the howling banshee phoenix lord
    karandras, the striking scorpion phoenix lord
    troops
    1.wave serpent with star engines and largest striking scorpion squad that will fit, and an exarch with really deadly wargear, cant remember name, like power fist
    2.another wave serpent, same as above, but with one less scorpion, and karandras added
    3.wave serpent with star engines with largest howling banshee squad that will fit, and an exarch with good wargear
    4.another wave serpent as above, but with one less banshee, and jain zar added
    heavy support
    falcon with starcannon and multi laser, crytstal targeting matrix, thing that only alowes glances, thing that lets himroll 2d6 and pick the lowset for damage results, soulstones

its unstopable because he starts out with all the skimmers hiden behind cover, so i cant hit him that turn. Next turn he flies them right up to my squads, so i have only i turn to kill all of the wave serpents before his elite cc troops, exarches with awesome wargear, and phoenix lords kill my army in cc. Meanwhile my army is being blasted to pieces by the falcon which pops back into cover as soon as it fires, and its wargear makes it practically impossible to kill even if i could see it.

Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tHAT guy is a f^#n noob...k listen...if you have a Deceiver it is even better for you, but listen...make sure you have heavy destroyers...either let him place his skimmers first, so you can plce ur hvys, or just use grand illusion, and replace the heavys...have thim in a place where they get clean shots at the tanks, and then blast away on ur turn...next start with all of ur men behind cover, play the game with them...this way they can't fire at you, and if the vehicles get in make sure ur scarabs and cc men are there to take the blow...move ur shooters out of the way, and veil with the lord, out too....then just shoot at them like in the slaughter house...they are all disembarked, by this time the heavys have destroyed the tanks, and ur men are ready to fire at them...and if they dare get close, put ur god in...and if they dare get closer...fire with the warriors and get the double attacks...

This always worked with me, maybe it's a bad strat to you or anyone else, but with my luck in dice...i an pull it off, u can too
    "You think you know fear? You haven't seen the relentless advance of death against you! You think you know pain? You haven't felt the liquid steel of the cyborgs' blade as they silently scream their pleasure in your face. It doesn't matter if you are human, orc, or any other mutated creature in this Universe; they killed us all once and they'll do it again. They want to do it again. Their number is Legion; their name is Death...who are we to get in their way?!"

Unknown source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Monolith Ordnance doesn't need line of sight, unfortunately it's only 24" range.
    But the Deciever will work nicely at thwarting his setup.
    Your own teleportation would be nice when he tries to rush you.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the Deciever will work nicely at thwarting his setup.
    Your own teleportation would be nice when he tries to rush you.
    And by throwing him off, you have a bigger chance to win
    "You think you know fear? You haven't seen the relentless advance of death against you! You think you know pain? You haven't felt the liquid steel of the cyborgs' blade as they silently scream their pleasure in your face. It doesn't matter if you are human, orc, or any other mutated creature in this Universe; they killed us all once and they'll do it again. They want to do it again. Their number is Legion; their name is Death...who are we to get in their way?!"

Unknown source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use scarabs to combat banshees and have a lord teleporting immortals away from CC and to the back armor of waveserpents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the VoD the imms is good, but the scarabs on banshees is kinda weak...they would be mulched...

Unknown source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHO's SETTING UP YOUR TERRAIN!!!!!!

There's no way he can hide all four of those massive tanks on the first turn.

You are using way too much terrain than what supposed to be used or he's cheating and placing the terrain for his advantage.

Anyways, I don't play necrons but I do play eldar and it sounds like he has a good army. Just get those tanks out of cover and shoot them down before he can get those cc troops in.

By the way, remember that brightlances don't get their modifier against a monolith because of its morphed haul and eldar have no weapons above S8, (other than the D-Cannon, but cc armies don't use those). So he needs a 6 just to glance that monster. Use it as a weapon magnet while your other guys shoot. It can take the punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree

Unknown source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Why not call him on the two special characters, tell him to leave em out for a game or two.

As to someones suggestion to place your heavies after them(the Wave Sertpents), WS's are considered transports, thus would deploy w/ elites. Not sure of what heavy dests are but would probably deploy before that.

Terrain should be set up by both of you, or role for sides, but even still, lots of terrain is great for some games.

As an eldar player, I'd recommend DS the monolith on top of the troops once they're out and about. Use the ordinance at range to snipe his big guys, karandas and jan zaire.

Wraiths, and res orb. Tele your squads out of cc w/ mono and VOD, and shoot him to pieces.

to drop his WS's you do need to pene, but guass weapons should be doing that for ya, then just need a 5 or 6 and they're dead.

As to his falcon, see above. cannons and heavy cannons will eat em up with all those shots.

editted falcon, sorry, was thinking about venerable dreads.

Also, the easiest and most enjoyable thing to do would be to surround his WS's after their 1st move,mostly the back, and then shoot. if u destroy it, all troops cant exit, and are dead.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Just another thought: 16pt scarabs own tanks.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

+ Reply to Thread