Using Mostly Big Bugs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Looking over the Tyranid codex I was realizing a player could put together quite the hard hitting list. My question is how Tyranid players feel about taking the minimum troop choices and maxing on "Big bugs" most players look down on this, but i was considering a Tyranid Shooty army, using 2 big blocks of guants as assault troops. yes i know it would be shot up, but i figure 3 Carnifex's,plus large Tyranid Warrior squads would be able to pump lots of fire power back.

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The giant gaunt broods (32) would be hard to manage and you would have to have biovores, thorpes or tyrants in addition to what you listed if you want a shooty army. Arm the Fexs with duel Vcms and maybe the tyrant too but if you really want to go shooty play Tau ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Tyranids are the only(?) army with the ablity to field 5 monsterous creatures (2 x Hive tyrants 3 x Carnifex).

I have done 2 x HT 2 x Fex all with dual VC and 3 biovores but thats only 12 shots at s7 hitting on 3's and 8 shots at s10 hitting on 4's with a piddiling AP value.

Every other ranged weapon is too short ranged to be effective (Deathspitter, Devourer, Spinefist, Flesh borer.) or has major drawbacks, Barbed strangler AP - !!!

Or the other extreme is all CC, the HT do quite well at this but can get smashed by hidden powerfists and swamped by little buggers. And carnifexes can take untill turn 4 to get to CC.

That said you could try going quite shooty, use say 2 broods of spine gaunts as a skirmish screen to hold up charges, followed by around 3 groups of G/stealers (8 per brood) to counter assault with the rest of your points on as much shooting as you can field. This may work on Dark Eldar but marine armor will just keep on comming.

But, Hey, thats just my opinion.
    -- Promotions/Public Officer --
    Dandenong Wargamers And Roleplayers Federation.

LINK - Meetup D.W.A.R.F.

LINK - D.W.A.R.F. Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTs with VC would have S8, (creature's plus 2) The AP wouldn't matter since these would be fore taking out tanks.

An all shooty army with tyranids would be strange to see since nids are more designed for cc. Sure you can have some good shooty like warblast, biovores or VC but you've gotta have cc with nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you?

+ Reply to Thread