Fire Prism - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Prism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

So I got a fire prism off ebay, nice and cheap to. I really like the Prism part of the model and have been debating with myself ever since I won the auction i've been wondering if i'll actually use it. So does anyone use them? or just convert them into wave serpants? I have the parts for the wave serpant that's why i'm asking.

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

I honestly dont know anyone who plays with them, but in big battles i'd field it. Do u need a WS? would u play it? then convert.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think a Falcon would be points better spent. You'll only lose a minute amount of anti-vehicular firepower but gain an outrageous amount of anti-infantry firepower with a Starcannon. This is just my own personal opinion...and I only started W40k a short while ago, so I may be terribly wrong on this issue. Anyways, I hope that helped.

n00biepants!!@#!@!#@$
    <xterm> "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

www.bash.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert it I say.

Fireprisms are a waste because of their one shot BS3. This means they'll hit only half the time and if you're using them against tanks, its like having a massive tank with just one las-cannon that doesn't always hit.

If you have the time and patience, convert it to a wave serpent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Fireprism isn't great, but a pair can be quite devestating.

Yes, the Falcon is more effective than a Fireprism, but it is (almost) twice the cost.

If you have no Wave Serpents, or are definitely looking to add another; convert it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

I say, keep it fire prism. You see, the prism is so hopelesslycrap that it HAS to get a major point decrease/power increase when we get our new dex. Keep it, at least untill we have seen the changes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Convert, the Prism is pants, that said Sareld has a point, it is so pants that they may well do something with it in the new codex
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I couldn't agree more, it is a lousy vehicle. But i know there are a lot of Fire Prism fans out there, who will certainly find a use for them. But really, you will have more use of the Wave Serpent.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(pinches himself to see if he's dreaming)
    The Prism? the Prism is about one of the most awesome vehicles the Dying Dudes have, and it looks great to boot. DMan is right, a pair of Prism's is every Space Marines nightmare. Sure it may not hit every time, but with the blast template and strength 9 Ap 2 it can annhilate hordes of power-armored marines who would usually be quite tough to kill. And lets not forget the range- with 60", I can usually completely annhilate my enemies command squad on the first turn if I'm lucky.

Converting to a Serpant is only a good idea if you play Biel-tan. If you do, then forget everything above and go for it, the WS is undoubtably the best troop transport in the game.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no offence but fire prisms are pants. they only use the small template, so unless you're targeting deepstriking terminators it'll cover 2-3 marines at most. it has crappy BS and on average you'll hit 3 times in a game. is that really such a good use of points? you might want to keep it like serald said though, but we'll get our codex at christmas at the earliest.
    how can you annihilate a whole command squad? the template can't cover a command squad and the opponent gets to choose which models come off, he wouldn't remove an IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast