Mech Tau W/ Broadsides - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently played a mech tau battle with a couple of borrowed Broadside suits, and I fell in love with them! The fun started when I sniped off several devastators, and then I killed a landraider and a rhino. Unfortunately, I play an almost completely mech tau army, and while i've heard of monat broadsides, people say that whole squads are crazy. It's just that hammerheads lack the volume of railgun shots to kill tanks like Leman Russ and Landraiders, and i'd rather use the ion cannon on marines. Is it possob;e to mech tau with multiple broadside suits????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by StargateAnise@Mar 22 2005, 216
    I recently played a mech tau battle with a couple of borrowed Broadside suits, and I fell in love with them! The fun started when I sniped off several devastators, and then I killed a landraider and a rhino. Unfortunately, I play an almost completely mech tau army, and while i've heard of monat broadsides, people say that whole squads are crazy. It's just that hammerheads lack the volume of railgun shots to kill tanks like Leman Russ and Landraiders, and i'd rather use the ion cannon on marines. Is it possob;e to mech tau with multiple broadside suits????
    [snapback]359200[/snapback]
    Anything is possible. Mech Tau effectively means "most" of your army should be able to move quickly. However, T0nkaTruckDriver uses a Broadside Battlesuit and I'm sure that more than one Broadside won't take the effectiveness from your army.

However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend using two different Heavy entries for them, as Hammerheads are endlessly useful in any army, IMO. (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. One unit of Broadsides is certainly possible in a Mech Tau army. Whether that unit consists of one 'side or two is somewhat irrelevant. You really need to think of them as somewhat expendable though... and if they begin to cost 200+ points, it becomes more difficult to see them that way. Honestly though, if it works for you, go with it!

I'd suggest reading this.

And this.

And this.
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's very fun to use them. I usually play using all-traditional mech tactics, but recently built a tourney list with 3 monat crisis, 30-32 fws, and 3 monat 'sides. Once you've played mech for a while, going back to static is very interesting. Mech teaches you to think on the other end of the spectrum, and so when you go back to static, you see things you've never noticed before.
    The only thing that is stopping you from being what you can be is what you think other people think about you.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've personally used three broadsides in an otherwise all mechanized force. They work quite effective, but can also break easy if one dies. Giving them shield generators will help them survive better, as they are effectively one of the few units you have to leave wide open to enemy fire.
    Most likely, an enemy won't be able to get in close combat with them, but even then you can use that to your advantage. Most opponents spread out along an entire line and send everything forward after each flank. Just anchor the broadsides to one side, zip everything over there and overwhelm one flank. Now the broadsides are protected from close combat, and with their range can still fire on other flanks.
    The only real thing that needs to be mechanized in a tau army are the firewarrior squads, everything else is either jumpy suits, or broadsides which are extremely durable, whereas Firewarriors can not take fire or close combat attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mech list isnt a list as such... its some army list suggestions. Go mad!!! Have broadsides, have anything, and just put fw in devilfish. Just because you have broadsides you dont incur any bad points.
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

+ Reply to Thread