My Necron Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Necron Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just started and i didnt buy much yet but here it is

HQ
    necron lord

Troop
    12 warriors
    13warriors

fast attk
    3 scarabs
    3 scarabs

Heavy support
    1 heavy destroyer

Upgrades
    res. orb
    lightning field
    phase shifter
    phylactery
    nightmar shroud
    chronometer
    my strategy would be to advance with my warriors while having my heavy destroyer shoot at a safe distance. my scarabs would go forward for assault. I'm probably going to add a monolith, the night bringer, some immortals, a few more heavy destroyers, and a few wraiths. maybe a tomb spider or two

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. For starters, your lord is over his wargear allotment. Cutting him down to the maximum number of points, I'm guessing that you're looking at a 1000 point game, yes?

Your one heavy destroyer is not going to be that useful, since he will never get a WBB roll, and if you find yourself desperately needing the power from it in a 1k game, you're better off just taking a tomb spyder or a second lord with a warscythe, since they'll be useful for other things, too.

You'll also want to combine your 6 scarabs into one unit. Add more, if you can. Scarabs aren't going to be mowing things down on their own unless you're fighting Imperial Guard or Tau - they're used to tie up units in close combat, and three bases won't last long for that purpose.

You could also stand to add some more warriors to bring your phaseout number up. You're fielding nearly your minimum number of troop and "necron" units, and that's going to get you phased in a hurry.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Aside from Jabberwocky's suggestions (which I agree with whole-hearedly), you might also looking into Destroyers. They get more shots than the Heavy's, are cheaper and you're allowed to field more of them.

Also, if you're playing vehicle heavy armies, slap the Disruption Fields on those Scarabs. They won't mow down much HtH wise, but with DFields, they should eat about 3x their points in vehicles.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are only allowed 100 pts of upgrades. You have 125. :hmm: Plus who wants 225 lord anyways spend those pts on a 'lith.

+ Reply to Thread