Biel-tan, How Do I Bust Space Marines With Them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new to this forum and I have a question for everyone. I play space marines 90% :blink: of the time and I've decided to make a completely different army list. So I need some other peoples perspectives and idea's to help me put a list together and put a huge hurtin on the arrogant marines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well congradulations,you not only picked the best race in 40k at killing marines,but in fact its almost as if GW made eldar specificly TO kill marines. Where to start....ok,well with beil tain here is what i would do:

2 Squads of 5 Dark Reapers with exarch w/ missle launcher and fast shot.
    2 squads of 10 howling banshees or striking scorpions in wave serpent w/ starcannons
    3 Wraithlords with Star cannons
    3x8 Gaurdians w/ Bright Lances

In an army with 58 models,you spit out 38 AP3 and below shots per turn. The gaurdians are really there for the bright lances,to kill predators and such. The wave serpants can hunt whirlwinds once they unload their troops. The wraithlords and banshees just smash into the marines. Just remember that theres no such thing as too many starcannons and wraithlords,and you will murder marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not about to write a list for you, but most of my regular opponents are SM's, so I'll give you some advice on how to bust through their power armored shells and horrendously mutilate the gentically modified flesh inside:

1. First and formost, you need a strong firebase- take two Wraithlords with either Starcannons, Lances or a combination of both, two squads of Reapers augmented with Missile-launcher toting, fast/crack shotting Exarchs, and an untooled Fire Prism (St9, Ap2, blast... perfect). The Wraithlords and Reapers hold the flanks and support your fast-moving assault element- 10 strong squads of Scorpions and Banshees with Exarchs, mounted in 'Serpants with Bright Lances. Basically, they barrel forward, let thier transports take out other transports, and generally tin-open marines every chance they get. Depending on the mission, give your Scorpion Exarch a Scorpion Claw and Stealth, and the Banshee an Executioner and War Shout. Depending on your opponents predilection for vehicles, some Fire Dragons mounted in a third Serpant could come in handy too. The rest is up to you.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

please, before posting something like thisw, look through the faqs and stickies, they have all your answers. Then look through the other army lists for general ideas and feedback. Then, if you still have questions, and a unique army list, go ahead and post.

Now, as to others advice....

Never give guardians brightlances....unless you have a bunch already. Give them to your wraithlord/s if you intend to take them. Better BS, and allows you to concentrate fire on targets.

Banshees only if you intend to fight termies, and even then scorpions are generally better. again, check the faqs.

look at other lists and get some ideas of your own.

Starcannons are good for what they are, but build a well rounded army and you'll fight more effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

As mentioned by Tarzen, if you had looked around some threads, then you would have found msot of your answers there. Also, please do not ask people to make lists for you. Do some work yourself, look around a bit, then make your own army list and post it for critique.

You should try investigating soem of the Craftworlds, as you may find one that is to your liking, and means your lists may be easier to create.

Having a look at the Sticky Tactica would have given you lots of help no what to include, as it contains lots of very good information about different units.

Most of the basics has already been mentioned, and there is no need to repeat it.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it easy on the guy he's probly a newbie (like me) to this site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not take the 3 Wraithlords as one of the poster's recommended. I mean you can if you want, but you won't make any friends...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it about winning, not making freinds, i had a 750 pt list for a tourny with 2 reaper squads and wraithlords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirster69
    it about winning, not making freinds, i had a 750 pt list for a tourny with 2 reaper squads and wraithlords
    and yet you didn't win....

78% of the time, you're better off with a balanced army, then a weighted one. As for marine killers, Wraithlords die pretty easy to powerfists, lascannons, heavy bolters, missile launchers, and assault cannons. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

That said, in a 750 force, I probably would take an avatar and a vyper, and the rest guardians. But that's me, and it fits with my play style. 3 wraithlords in a 750 pt list, can be killed sure, but your average army won't do it easily, and as stated earlier, you won't be making friends nor will anyone be having fun. This game is about fun, not winning. If you need to win, put a quarter in a gum ball machine=).

I have yet to have the problems that everyone else seems to about guardians dying. With conceal, fortune, and big squads, they can take a world of punishment before having any sort of problems. And while not the strongest in cc, I've only lost to marine in cc twice. Still crushed him in the game though. If you're going shooty; falcons, vypers, guardian platforms, and reapers will do you well. for cc, stay away from banshees unless you need some termy killing. Scorps will rock the house, as will flamer weapons and an avatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Wraithlords die pretty easy to powerfists, lascannons, heavy bolters, missile launchers, and assault cannons.
    I would like to point out that Wraithlords do not "die pretty easy" to Heavy Bolters, as it would take around 54 Heavy Bolter hits to do the 3 wounds required to kill it. And even before those 54 hits, you still need to hit, so a Guard army would need 36 Heavy Bolters to pull it down.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast