New Codex Changes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Codex Changes

I would like a couple of things. Makins hellions more effective(with special rules or whatnot).
    Stirking scorpions cost rlatively cheap for their pts and can get TONS of upgrades, haywire and plasma(for less than our wyches can ) . Some more variety in the elites hopefully making grotesques useful, id LOVE tos ee that, and mebe making warpbeasts not allow armour saves

More variety basically

WHat changes would you guys like to see??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aint really a purpose for this post is there?

Anyway we actually DONT need any changes extra units would be nice but not neccesary. We are balanced well enough to take on every army.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not saying we arent. but woldnt it be ncie to use more than 1 type of elite on a regular basis???

eldar players use large variety of elites for ex. just saying it would be neat for other elites to be more useful. as for the pt of the post. just interested. sitting here bored and i was wondering bout it so tohught sum1 else might be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar elites suck except the scorpions imo. Thats wat ive discovered as a Eldar player.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but when comparing whychs and scopians remember whych weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo alot of the DE suck, but if forced to use them you can find a role. It is alittle dissapointing when they seem so cool but yet do nothing (mandrakes are a great example of this). It would be nice having more veriety in the army then just warriors, wyches and raiders.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With just 4 units we can whoop whole armies that should say enough about how good DE is.

Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archonbjorn
    With just 4 units we can whoop whole armies that should say enough about how good DE is.

But also a valid argument for how boring we are. I must agree, more versatility amongst our elites would be great, it is hard to find a good role for Grots and beasts etc. perhaps they should be upgraded, statwise or optionwise, and maybe even an entire new unit should emerge, at least it would add more depth to our list.
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I've found that Mandrakes are great. More often than not they're worth their points. (Although they don't always make their points BACK).

They're fantastic for tieing up heavy weapons, and great reinforcements that appear just where you need them. I usually have my 3 ghost-mandrakes on different parts of the board, so that i can reinforce wherever on the board I need it most. And even though they're only S3, 3 attacks on the charge can even kill a marine or two.

On the other hand, I do agree that Grotesques are pretty useless. I've experimented using them as a unit themselves, and it hasn't worked all that well. No shooting and no fleet mean they take time before they do any damage, and there are armies out there with multishot S6 weapons that just tear them to pieces (assault cannons, necron destroyers and star cannons leap immediately to mind). I may consider using them as a delivery system for a cheap-ish Haemonculus (I personally thing 45 points for a Haemonculus with Destructor and Scissorhands is a fine deal).

Warp Beasts are often ignored, and this is something I don't understand. 75 points for 20 S4 attacks on the charge, not to mention a Beastmaster that costs less than the price of an agoniser (which she carries!). And if they die, who cares, it's only 75 points. Use them after you've tied a unit up with Mandrakes or Warriors. With a potential for a 24" charge at best, they can come from nowhere.

And of course, we all like Wyches.

IMO, 3 out of 4 of the Elites have their uses, and Grotesques, my least favourite, probably do have their uses, just not in my army (fast, lots of vehicles, despite the new 4th Ed. rules)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends wich opponent your facing like always I just love grotz when im facing Tau there always laughing that our weapons have S3 and there big badass standard weapons S5. Then came the grotz on the board and the Tau player spoke no more ^^.

Still cant find the right 'spot'' for the mandrakes in my army but this week (probaly) il be facing a dude that has won ALOT of tournaments is like 10 times better then me *Every1 taking screenies that I said that :p* and will probaly shred my De to pieces with his nid list. But fighting against ppl that have less experience then you is also boring (and you dont learn a f*ck) so thats why im trying to find real pros to improve my skills even more. considering to tie up his 2 gaunt squads and get the big guys. (he has 2 gaunt squads cheap ass warriors with leap etc 2 hives 1 biovore squad carnis something like that).

Warp beasts are good fo there points but they have often failed me ingame. (bad dice luck dont ask) Ppl know me for 2 things: I kill almost every1 with my DE and I roll ALOT better then average. (haha make 5 saves for your wyches *rolls* ok I saved now its my turn . . . .) Theres only 1 game till now were they totally owned and got there points back and that was versus a '''pro player wo considerd us as noobs''. They ripped trough his 2 15man black guardian squads together with my wyches while my lord + a 7 man wych squad r*ped his WL fire dragon and seer council in CC. (Yeah they got reroll and that was the time I rolled 5 out of 5 saves).

A unit I would like to see is a bounty hunter ranger or something like that. Our first unit that actually can infiltrate that is a second ''different'' troop choise that can nail down high T (not that we need it) that can pin (a troops squad without the raider) etc etc. A ranger like De squad would be great imo and fluffy (DE bountyhunters that hunt down enemies and get souls our something else in return.).

A well its nice to have dreams to bad they dont all come true.

Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast