Rail Guns - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rail Guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rail Guns

Is it agenst the rules to just take the rail rifles from the Path Finders and stick them on Fire Warriors? The resaon I ask is becuase I cant afford a Devilfish troop carrier for the pathfinders but I still want rail rifles.

A guy at the game store said that there was nothing ilegal about it (he suggested having every fire warrior have one but thats so he could make the millions at $14ish for 2 rail rifles so I'm not sure if he was telling the truth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N/M i found out they were not printed in the book some where else, they are pathfinder only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.....

"a guy at the game store" said this..... Okay, well unless printed on the GW website, Chapter Approved, or codex, only pathfinders can take railrifles. I suppose you could try to persuade some people in "friendly" games, prefereably with well known friends to let you do that, but considering that you cannot buy individual railrifles, it's just not worth it.

Wrath of Chosin, currently beseiging Trathnor III
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just depends how loose your friends are when it comes to conversions and house rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do whatever you want with your armies. You can turn your Fire Warriors into 4-armed katana wielding ninjas that can use the warp to phase in an out of existance if you want to. That's the beauty of Warhammer.

You should be asking for "approval" from the folks you play with, not a bunch of people on the internet. But as StargateAnise said though, what you are suggesting is not legal by GW's point of view and would not be allowed in most tournaments that I know of.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

+ Reply to Thread