I Designed A New Necron Unit! (Troops) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Designed A New Necron Unit! (Troops)

I Designed A New Necron Unit. Using the SM Servitors (or IG ones if you prefer them) I am planning on creating a new addition for the Necron Army seeing as GW won't bless us with one...

Necron Assimilators: - Humans with bionic implants making them 'cyborgs'. When they defeat a human in CC they turn him into one of their own. They have stolen Imperium weapons.

Yeah its copied of The Borg, but the whole army is copied of a cross of Terminator and Borg so who cares...?

Points per model: 25 --- Troops
    Squad Number: 6-18

Move: 6 - Like most foot infantry
    WS: 4 - They are good in CC as they practice assimilating victims
    BS: 4 - Cyborg implants enhance accuracy
    S: 4 - Metal arms ect.
    T: 4 - Around half the body will be metal so...
    W: 1 - Standard
    I: 2 - They are mindless drones
    A: 1 - Can be enhanced by CC weapon
    Ld: 10 - Necron Standard
    Sv: 4+ - Increaced due to demand

They are armed with 'Mob Weapons' - kind of. These vary from mechanical arms to small chain saws and thick cables. Eitherway, they count as having a bolt pistol and CC weapon.

Options: Up to 2 models in the Squad may replace their 'Mob Weapons' with either a Heavy Bolter at +15 points, a Multimelta at +25 points or a Plasma Cannon or Las Cannon at +35 points. None of the models have the 'Necron' special rule and thus no WBB rolls. However each model is upgraded with Bionics included in the points cost.

Special Rules

Special Rule - Assimilate: Whenever a Necron Assimilator kills a human model in CC, such as an IG, the model is removed as normal and then replaced by a Necron Assimilator. This represents the human being assimilated by the Necron Assimilator. The new Necron Assimilator model isnstantly joins the Necron Assimilator Squad that killed it. This can be done even if it boosts the squad of its normal max squad number.

Version Two

Last edited by Nasty Necron 2005; March 28th, 2005 at 19:19. Reason: Updated the rules

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the saves invulnerable? Otherwise anyone with a gun wouldn't have to worry about them.
    The Borg sounds good as a 'cron unit if you ask me!

*in evil voice* YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
    Hehe...
    The only thing that is stopping you from being what you can be is what you think other people think about you.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What weapons do they carry, aside from the two that can have heavy weapons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should have rogue/heretic techmagos in our army as another hq choice seeing as the lord is very expensive.

Instead of imperial guns they should be fitted with necron guns ie main gun is flayer can be upgraded to a cannon/heavy cannons at X amount of points. and instead of automatically turning them into another guy have to roll on a dice a 4+ as the scarabs turned them into the host body or didnt accept it and just ate it up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think conceptually the idea is kind of cool, but I don't like the speed of the process, The Necron wouldn't automatically transfix bionics onto a dead guardsman raise him and them have him become trained and ready to go. Also the point cost is way too high, these guys aren't very good at close combat...they are less effective than spine gaunts that cost five points each, and with a 5+ save they will get rapid fired as quickly as genestealers because there is not a reason to not shoot them down in one rapid fire session which the enemy will always get because of there slow footslogging nature.
    However my biggest problem is what do the Necrons need with Borgs? All they want to do is come through and steal souls or whatever they do from thier lifeless metal-prison bodies. No need to have borgs unless being a borg causes severe pain and keeps the individual alive only to harvest more pain from the unlucky sap who got killed by a strength 3 guy with a low save at inititive 2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, I guess they would get blown away... :p

Maybe icrease squad number and reduce points cost... Well I got the idea from Gun servitors and added a bit to it, if anyone has any suggestions, please post them, or your modifications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I updated the rules a bit... Any Better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should make the pistols gauss to fit with the theme of the army, also make the assimilate rule less efficient, like i new assimilator for ever 3 enemy killed, also make them count as necrons for phase out number, but not for WBB so that they would actually become a viable troop, instead of more of an elite. finally lower the point cost to around 20 as they are ridiculously overpriced for 25 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    you should make the pistols gauss to fit with the theme of the army, also make the assimilate rule less efficient, like i new assimilator for ever 3 enemy killed, also make them count as necrons for phase out number, but not for WBB so that they would actually become a viable troop, instead of more of an elite. finally lower the point cost to around 20 as they are ridiculously overpriced for 25 pts.
    Yeah. Those are some good ideas. I'll incorparate them, but I'd still prefer the 4+ to assi milate like ZombieKiller said rather than automatic or kill 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay first of all necrons are an ancient 60 million year old race. Having borgs running

around does not fit there backround at all. If you want a new troop choice and/or any

thing else think vehicles then come up with a better story than what you have now. I am

a little mad that GW has been negleting us Necron players in terms of unit choices. Why

don't you waltz on over to ther space marines catalog, you couldn't name all those

minatures if you tried. I could name every one of our units in one sentence. However for

what we lose in in choice we make up for efincency(sp?). I mean whos arguing over a 3+

save and WBB?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast