Just started, asking for advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started, asking for advice

I just started (i do mean just , ordered the army a few days ago). After looking at the books, and comparing that with available monies, i have come up with the following list for a 1500 point game. Any advice/sugestions would be appreciated.

Group Models Equipment Point Cost
    Warrior, Alpha 15 [15] Gauss Flayer 270 [270]
    Warrior, Beta 15 [14] Gauss Flayer 270 [252]
    Destroyer 4 Gauss Cannon 200
    Lord 1 Staff of Light, Veil of Darkness [60] 160
    Immortals 5 Gauss Blaster 224
    Scarab Swarm 8 Disruption Field [32] 128
    Wraith 3 Claws & Barbed Tail 123
    Heavy Destroyer 2 Heavy Gauss Cannon 130
    Total 1505 [1487]

(things in brakets was for the corrected, under 1500 army)

Phase Out: 11 [11]

I was thinking i would use the destroyers to patrol around the enemy picking things off. Then i would have the scarabs attack any vehicles the enemy had, with the wraiths attacking special infantry squads (like devastators). Then the main force (made up of the lord, warriors, and immortals) would advance towards the nemy, and after the first turn (if i went first, on the first if they did) have as many warriors and immortals cluster around the lord as possible and then deepstrike them to the back of the enemies group (where hopefully support and heavy weapons groups would be). I was thinking that the enemy would have probably spread his forces out more by the second turn, so wouldn't be able to concentrate as much fire on the deepstriked group.

Last edited by Akhna; March 29th, 2005 at 03:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

You really shouldn't post the point costs as it counts as reproducing content from copyrighted codices. We know what they're armed with anyway so no need to include those. Besides, it makes the list hard to read.

Firstly, where's the Res Orb? With that many necrons you want to maximise their potential by taking full advantage of their ability to get back up 1/2 the time.
    There are so many small groups of elites, fast attack and heavy support choices. I feel they're spread too thin to be effective. Drop one of the groups and use the points to boost other units. I suggest dropping the Wraiths and maximising the Immortals squad
    You may have misread the Veil of Darkness. A Lord with the VoD can take only one unit of necrons with him. As this is the case, make it a large squad of warriors or immortals.

Thus my ammended list would be:

Necron Lord + Res Orb + Vod
    10 Immortals
    15 Warriors
    15 Warriors
    9 Scarabs + Disruption Fields
    4 Destroyers
    2 Hvy Destroyers
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would expand both the imortal and HD squads as you are paying for WBB which you probably wont get, as the enemy can easily wipe out one of these squads in a single turn, denying WBB, to pay for this i would get rid of the wraiths, as they seldom pay their points off, and really need something to cut armor.

+ Reply to Thread