Warp Blast: scatter? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Member Ditchdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    Warp Blast: scatter?

    The Warp Blast hive mind power is of type "Assault 1 Blast" and the book says "a standard to hit roll is required for the creature to get the blast on target." Is this a standard artillery to hit roll (i.e. scatter dice) or is it a standard to-hit roll on a d6? And presumably if I fail the roll it's not "on target" -- does it go off-target somehow or does the attack just fail?

    Thanks!
    --Ditchdigger


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    LO Zealot Ostsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

    Warp Blast is treated exactly like any normal blast weapon, such as a Plasma Cannon or a Frag Missile. The only weapons that scatter are either Ordnance weapons and weapons with the Barrage characteristic. Warp Blast is an Assault weapon and doesn't have the Barrage characteristic so it doesn't scatter.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Warp Blast is treated exactly like any normal blast weapon, such as a Plasma Cannon or a Frag Missile. The only weapons that scatter are either Ordnance weapons and weapons with the Barrage characteristic. Warp Blast is an Assault weapon and doesn't have the Barrage characteristic so it doesn't scatter.
    Ostsol is 100% correct. The bug looks at the enemy, has a brain spasm and the enemy explodes. End of story.
    Don't worry, it's only kinky the first time...

  5. #4
    LO Zealot Monsieur Cartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    La France!! (almost)
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

    Indeed. Only ordnance weapons use the scatter dice, but don't forget that your opponent doesnt have to take the models out from under the template, just the number that got killed by the blast. Stops you using them as sniper weapons to kill veteran sergeants or heavy weapon troopers.
    --Monsieur

    "Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

    USE TEH REP BUTTON

  6. #5
    stupidity just kicked in! zhaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    33
    Posts
    812
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    21 (x2)

    Guess weapons and artillery scatter too (ok most of them are ordenace but some use the smal blast and some use the template).

    Don't forget that you MUST center the blast on one model.

  7. #6
    Senior Member justinb67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Victorville, CA
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaf
    Guess weapons and artillery scatter too (ok most of them are ordenace but some use the smal blast and some use the template).

    Don't forget that you MUST center the blast on one model.
    Those weapons are barrage weapons, If I am not mistaken.
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

    Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

  8. #7
    LO Zealot Ostsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by justinb67
    Those weapons are barrage weapons, If I am not mistaken.
    Correct. There is no such thing as a "Guess" weapon anymore.

  9. #8
    Son of LO Uzi-99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaf
    Don't forget that you MUST center the blast on one model.
    --- No You don't. 4thEd page 30, left column, "Blast Weapons", third paragraph, line three: "... place it over the target unit..."

    This means You actually have slight leeway with placing Blast markers, and means it's a bit easier to score a few extra partials or perhaps even a solid hit.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    -5 (x0)

    wait what about spore mines does their rule of centering the ordanance blast marker on the spore mine superstead the center it on an enemy model rule? ( im tlkin bout when a enemy shot within 2'' of it causing it to automatically explode not when it touches an enemy modle in base 2 base contact.)

  11. #10
    stupidity just kicked in! zhaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    33
    Posts
    812
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    21 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99
    --- No You don't. 4thEd page 30, left column, "Blast Weapons", third paragraph, line three: "... place it over the target unit..."

    This means You actually have slight leeway with placing Blast markers, and means it's a bit easier to score a few extra partials or perhaps even a solid hit.
    Cool... thanks... then I can kill some more models for every WBlast hit .
    But what about the centerng rule? When does it aply?... I'm shure I've heared that and my opponents have said it when I've used Warpblasts.

    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia
    wait what about spore mines does their rule of centering the ordanance blast marker on the spore mine superstead the center it on an enemy model rule? ( im tlkin bout when a enemy shot within 2'' of it causing it to automatically explode not when it touches an enemy modle in base 2 base contact.)
    Ordenace weapons scatter... so you can't choose exactly where they land... except of when you score a "hit" on the scatter dice and then you can place the OrdBlast marker where ever you want.
    I don't think that the centering rule aplies to ordenace weapons or spore mines.
    Last edited by zhaf; March 31st, 2005 at 15:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts