Warp Blast: scatter? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Blast: scatter?

The Warp Blast hive mind power is of type "Assault 1 Blast" and the book says "a standard to hit roll is required for the creature to get the blast on target." Is this a standard artillery to hit roll (i.e. scatter dice) or is it a standard to-hit roll on a d6? And presumably if I fail the roll it's not "on target" -- does it go off-target somehow or does the attack just fail?

Thanks!
    --Ditchdigger

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Warp Blast is treated exactly like any normal blast weapon, such as a Plasma Cannon or a Frag Missile. The only weapons that scatter are either Ordnance weapons and weapons with the Barrage characteristic. Warp Blast is an Assault weapon and doesn't have the Barrage characteristic so it doesn't scatter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Warp Blast is treated exactly like any normal blast weapon, such as a Plasma Cannon or a Frag Missile. The only weapons that scatter are either Ordnance weapons and weapons with the Barrage characteristic. Warp Blast is an Assault weapon and doesn't have the Barrage characteristic so it doesn't scatter.
    Ostsol is 100% correct. The bug looks at the enemy, has a brain spasm and the enemy explodes. End of story.
    Don't worry, it's only kinky the first time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Indeed. Only ordnance weapons use the scatter dice, but don't forget that your opponent doesnt have to take the models out from under the template, just the number that got killed by the blast. Stops you using them as sniper weapons to kill veteran sergeants or heavy weapon troopers.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess weapons and artillery scatter too (ok most of them are ordenace but some use the smal blast and some use the template).

Don't forget that you MUST center the blast on one model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhaf
    Guess weapons and artillery scatter too (ok most of them are ordenace but some use the smal blast and some use the template).

Those weapons are barrage weapons, If I am not mistaken.
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by justinb67
    Those weapons are barrage weapons, If I am not mistaken.
    Correct. There is no such thing as a "Guess" weapon anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by zhaf
    --- No You don't. 4thEd page 30, left column, "Blast Weapons", third paragraph, line three: "... place it over the target unit..."

This means You actually have slight leeway with placing Blast markers, and means it's a bit easier to score a few extra partials or perhaps even a solid hit.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait what about spore mines does their rule of centering the ordanance blast marker on the spore mine superstead the center it on an enemy model rule? ( im tlkin bout when a enemy shot within 2'' of it causing it to automatically explode not when it touches an enemy modle in base 2 base contact.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99
    --- No You don't. 4thEd page 30, left column, "Blast Weapons", third paragraph, line three: "... place it over the target unit..."

This means You actually have slight leeway with placing Blast markers, and means it's a bit easier to score a few extra partials or perhaps even a solid hit.
    Cool... thanks... then I can kill some more models for every WBlast hit .
    But what about the centerng rule? When does it aply?... I'm shure I've heared that and my opponents have said it when I've used Warpblasts.

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia
    wait what about spore mines does their rule of centering the ordanance blast marker on the spore mine superstead the center it on an enemy model rule? ( im tlkin bout when a enemy shot within 2'' of it causing it to automatically explode not when it touches an enemy modle in base 2 base contact.)
    Ordenace weapons scatter... so you can't choose exactly where they land... except of when you score a "hit" on the scatter dice and then you can place the OrdBlast marker where ever you want.
    I don't think that the centering rule aplies to ordenace weapons or spore mines.
    Last edited by zhaf; March 31st, 2005 at 15:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast