Haemonculi based armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haemonculi based armies

does anyone here play with Haemonculi as the main HQ with grotesques and talos as the main part of the army?

i'm starting my own, with only 1 warriors squad and 2 raider squads, with all 3 Heavy slots filled with Talos and grotesques and mandrakes filing up the whole elite choice and was wondering if i could get any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always liked Haem. I was thinking about putting them on a skyboard with scissor hands and that flamer weapon. Pretty solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

If you're going to run a Haemonculus army, I would seriously consider taking Urien Rakarth. He is just bad-ass deadly as his Disructor automatically hits (flamer weapon) and automatically wounds, all you do is roll for armor penetration value. So you have a 50/50 chance of burning 6-8 Marines to the ground in one shot.

I would also use three Haemonculai as your second HQ choice to each lead a squad of nine Grotesques in Raiders.

I'm not sure if this will be too effective, but it'll be very characterful and fluffy at least.

Edit:

Fill up on Taloi also, and I'd put WWP on Sybarites so they can all reach the enemy without getting shot up.

Talos charge simultaneous with Grot charge. Talos does a ton of damage and Grots make enemy autobreak. That actually just might work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking of filling up most if not all of the troop choices with smaller groups of warriors who's main job is to delay the enemy and have them all spezialized for tank killing and for assaulting things my grots can't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dont write your own rules?

Just do like Eldar does with there biel tan but:

Grots are troops
    hamos are hq's
    talos is still heavy
    warriors and wyches are elites.

Then design like 1 or 2 units that are grot like or experimented slaves something and you got your own designed army. Shouldnt be to hard.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

That'll never fly in a tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you aint forced to play on tournaments my friends would find it ok if I would use some kind of list like that to breath some fluff in the DE armies.

One of my mates plays with exodites all converted stuff and home made rules but we dont mind hes adjusting his units after every batlle useally tooling them down. On tours in the shop we all agreed the army was ''legal'' and he should be able to play with it. Customers have more power then you think if they would only stand all after the same line.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree, make your own rules up for heamo armies, providing there balanced, and backed up by some fluff, they should be fine. As for tourneys, I was never convinced a heamo army would be very succesfull, my preferance ( if i liked the thought of heamo armies that is) would be to take a normal Dark Eldar army in tournament games, and use the heamo list otherwise.

But then, thats only what I would do.
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournaments tournaments and tournaments it sometimes looks like you guys are forgetting that warhammer is meant to be fun and not a game you need to win. Even tough a army doesnt work that doesnt mean it shouldnt be played with see it as a challange and play with it as long as your having fun with it almost no1 will stop you. Why should I care some1 is playing with exodites home made rules? The dude puts ALOt of effort into them and therefor imo he earns it to use it even in tournies. Every1 gives him id's and hints wat to change create and stuff so hes getting a balanced army. The same should be done with the hamo army make some units not to powerfull not to weak and play some batlles with them. Afterwards tweak the magain and again untill you are satisfied and the unit is completed.

Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

I guess if I was going to make a custom Haemonculus Coven rules set, I would say:

Grots count as Troops.

Warrior and Raider Squads count as Elites.

Wyches, Warp Beasts, Reavers, Hellions and Wyche Archites/Drachites may not be taken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast