Got owned..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got owned.....

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Got owned.....

Today I played an all Infantry Guards army where they all Deep Striked, it was a 1200 pt game, I had 3 full FW Squads, 1 Kroot Team, 1 Gue'vesa Team, Shas'O, 1 Crisis Suit, 4 Pathfinders and Devilfish,2 Gun Drone Squadrons and a Hammerhead. He pretty much had lots of troops, 6 Heavy Bolters which, luckly, I took out before they did any damage, and lots of troops. Unfortunetly he DSed 3 squads of Hardened Vets and took out the Railgun on my Hammerhead, so I couldn't give him any pie-plate goodness. Most of my units were wiped out in assault, but my FW took some guys down with them. , in the end he wiped me out and still had 300-400 pts left on the board. If my kroot had been closer to where he was massing his units (about 3-4 squads) they would have been more useful in that sense but nothing goes completely as planned!

Has anyone fought this type of IG army before? And Ideas on how to do better next time??

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would get rid of the pathfinders and get another hammerhead (if you have enough points) or failing that, more fw. Just lay down fire!!! keep your units quite close, so he has to deep strike that little bit further away... and bang!!!
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i once did and its rather hard to beat. i would recomend a mission that does not allow deep strike

or go without a hammerhead and suit and go all infantry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Sounds like all you really needed were stealth suits. I would also try the keep the railhead on the edge of the board at the start so you don't expose your rear, as well as move 6" so you can only be glanced. You has a lot of gun drones (12?) you probably would have been better off going 1 squad of 8 and hiding so they were'nt an easy target
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

-willysnow: He Deep Striked right beside all my FWs and 3 Vet squads by my hammerhead, they all had 3 plasmas, and I lost my Railgun due to Armament destroyed. I'm still painting more pathfinders, I'll post a full army list later. I do want to add anougher Hammerhead later on...

-Astroth: I agree with the mission, but we rolled 1,2,3 for Alpha level and 4,5,6 for gamma, It was gamma, and I was able to deep strike some of my guys too. I really don't think goin all infantry would have helped, if anything we would have Deep Striked more of his units close to my FWs and get them in combat.

-psteve: I had 1 Stealth Suit and after words I bought 2 more and pianted them last night, so in my next game vs Aspect Eldar with 2 Wave Serpents and a Falcon + Aspect Warriors I hope to put'em to good use. I Tried Deep Striking my GD sqauds in buildings but he also DS guys into buildings, in that game, nowhere was safe.

Thx alot guys, now I need some Fast Aspect Eldar Army help with tactics or tips, We'll be playing on either a city scape board or a basic board with hills and trees.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now you really want railguns to take the wave serpents as they come towards you, injuring people inside and their poor armour wont help them, ha!!! I wouldnt use kroot, as alot of the eldar are clsoe combat dudes, and alot of fire warriors (great against guardians and aspect warriors). i reckon this game should be easier to win for you.
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I have to use everything at my disposal, They could still kill a few guys before there wiped out...
    I hope it's easier!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    I have to use everything at my disposal, They could still kill a few guys before there wiped out...
    I hope it's easier!

Mike

I wouldn't expect it to be easier. The Falcon (with Spirit Stones and a Holo Field) is arguably the hardest tank in the game to take down (and can dump out a huge amount of fire works).

I noticed in your list that you have human auxiliaries. Unless you're running these guys for fluffs sake, I'd drop em. Both FireWarriors and Kroot are much better for their points in a Tau army.

As for beating down mechanised Beil Tan Eldar, you've got to kill those tanks, as hard as it is to do.
    Trust me, the Wave Serpents and Falcon is the backbone of this guys plan. If you can stop those, you'll be able to take his shock troops out at range with your Pulse Rifle. If you do get charged, move your other squads away from combat so you can shoot into him after he gets done kicking your squad's butt (and believe me, all Eldar shock troops are great at killing in hand to hand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I'm worried that he has Drak Reapers...

And I really wish people would tell me to stop using Gue'vesa. the reason I use them now is that I'm aiming for a 1700 pt list while right now I only have 1200 pts. Wouldn't you guys use guys that you got for free? even if the're not the best?

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Sorry for the double post but this is a question I must ask: Should I take a Railhead or and Ionhead against my eldar opponent?, I only have 1 HH and can't add more!

Mike
    Last edited by MiketehFox; April 2nd, 2005 at 02:41.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast