Tau inside Crisis Suits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau inside Crisis Suits

Er... Kind of a wierd question but:

How do the little Tau guys fit inside of the Crisis Suits? I mean if its like a suit of armour, the little Tau guys legs and arms dont fit all the way. And if the Tau guy is inside of the torso controlling all the limbs, he wouldnt fit in there either. Oh another thing. Arent the Crisis heads a little small for the guys head? I just thought of this while staring at my pretty army :eek:.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actually know, but I thought that either they are really balled up, or their legs go down into the legs of the suit until the knees and their head stops just before the neck. Either that or when you become an XV-8 pilot, you sacrifice your legs. :p

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The Tau would fit in like armor. Their feet are at the knees and the arms fit into the armor arms. The head is fine. How can you think that they wouldnt fit!!!!!!!!!!! The crisis suits are huge and the tau are a bunch of short scrawny guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he means by looking the models themselves. And there's no way their arms would reach all the way over to the suits arms, "The crisis suits are huge and the tau are a bunch of short scrawny guys".

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the front of the codex ot see actual size. the models on the table top is there for making it easier to hadnle and whatnot. the battle suits are huge!! the tau come up to the battlesuits knees. and also read firewarrior gives a quick explanation of crisis suits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a picture of the Farsight guy (I think) right next to his Suit and its not that big.... There are also a lot of other pictures of crisis suits not much larger than the Firewarriors right next to them.

I was also thinking the Tau guys limbs only go to the thigh and upper arm but how would they control the joints? Maybe something like a neurohelmet in MechWarrior?

Back to what Zombie said, Dreadnaughts are not supposed to be so huge but they are larger than Crusis suits. And if the GW people made Suits smaller than fluff size, wouldnt they make the Monolith smaller? Or the other ginourmous things?

Another thought. Since Hardwired things are connected to the Tau guys head, the Crisis head would have to hold the warriors actual head. But then the HWs are SO huge and not removable without surgery... Wouldnt the Tau guy outside of his Suit have to lugg around huge antennae coming out of his ears?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a converted model of a crisis suit being repaired in White Dwarf. #298 I believe. It shows the guy scrunched up in the torso pushing buttons and stuff. It looks quite good.
    Last edited by kireguy; April 5th, 2005 at 02:10. Reason: Cause I want to.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL... Im just imagining a little cartoon guy being all smooshed together...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the same thing before. I do believe battlesuits are supposed to be bigger, but andy larger a model and they'd be too big (and expensive, money wise). I think his legs and arms go partially into the suit's arms and legs, but the head remains in the body. Oh yeah, that open battlesuit model is neat; check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er... see it where? But any thoughts on the head?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast