Buying Stealth Suits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying Stealth Suits

Once I get the purches of my Fire Warriors out of the way I have a choice.

Buy a Crisis Battle Suit as an HQ

or

Buy an Etherial Caste Member as an HQ and use the money saved to buy a Blister Pack with 2 Stealth Suits and latter another.

I can issue is that I can buy a Crisis Suit when I have more money later for addtional fire power. However me getting the 4 Stealth suits will add more firepower and abilites to my army sooner.

Thier Burst cannons are as good as 3 pulse rifles at shorter range (but they move faster too). They have the stealth ability and infleltration too and not to mention the Move up, shot, move back ability.

PS: On a side note, with the crisis suit when you attach weapons are they there for good or can you swap them off between battles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to have a board full of people who know how to answer my question but not bother to. :realmad:

On other board when people dont respond to things I assume its becuase they dont know how to help or what to say. Here things are pritty damn spesific so there I think it to be highly doughtful that oneone who has veiwed it to know what to say or how to help.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Ummm, from the looks of it your first post was only up for two hours and a lot of people like me only check the forum once in the morning and once in the evening so you kind of have to have some patientce.

As to your question its really up to you, when I start buying my Mech Tau I intend to go like this. Two firewarrior squads. My three crisis suits for HQ. My Stealth suits. Hammerheads. Devilfish. But thats just me and it all really boils down to how you will use your army. In my opinion if your static Tau get the crisis, If you want mobile striking option get the stealth.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im assuming you have 12 FW's so far from your previous threads. I would say get a Crisis suit because you need heavier firepower. I still think you should save up and get a Battleforce though...

Edit- You can change the weapons BETWEEN battles. Search for the magnectic mounting guides.
    Last edited by Th3n4m31zm1k3; April 12th, 2005 at 03:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for being rude. The board I go to for D&D usually has around 80 memeber online at all times just in the section I use.

Well since one of my main worries right away is being able to stay out of CC as my main enemies, Tyranids, have the fleet of claws.

Since the Squad of 4 Steath Suits I'm perpossing get 12 shots unlike the 2 (plasma gun) or 4 (missile) shots the single crisis suit would have I think rolling more dice and chance killing more Guants the 100% killing a few is better.

BurstCannon Vs. Hormaguants

Hit: 50% Wound: 83% Fail Save: 83% (rounded)

12 shots

12x0.50x0.83x0.83 = 413% chance of killing.

I have not reason to belive I'll be facing any thing with heavy armor before I have enouph to buy a crisis suit after the stealths.
    Last edited by Osaria; April 12th, 2005 at 03:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Isn't the range with the burst cannon like 18' because the hormaguants can move that far minimum in one turn if they are assaulting and then your kind of outta luck if they are in cover when you shoot at them or you don't kill all of the hormagaunts. Even those low power troops can rip apart stealth suits. Against gaunts in my experience range is also key.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Plus if your facing Tyranids your facing more than guants, there's gotta be a Hive Tyrant HQ too and that bad boy will need plasma and missles to be taken down.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't mean to honk me own horn but i think that a crisis suit can by far outshoot the stealth.
    They both have the jet packs, but the crisis suit with there hard points can bet lets say a plasma rifle (s6 ap2 1 or 2 shots ) and a missle pod(s7 ap4 3 shots ) is far better then the burst cannon (s5 ap5 3 shots) both coming from the crisis coming on a commander Uber kil stealth suits all never getting the armour save we all so desperatle need increased on all. go for the crisis young padowon. Let the beer guide you Fred.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>Snipers Never Miss</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't post stats on the forum... one of the universal rules throughout any forum.

Since all you have at this point is 12 fire warriors, I'm going to guess you'll be playing at a Combat Patrol level, and therefore won't be facing any Tyranid monstrous creatures any time soon. I would say get the stealth suits. Not only do they fit the patrol style of this force at this stage, but you don't need the heavy fire power that a crisis suit brings. And stealth suits do very well at mowing down the smaller 'nids, and at a more cost-effective point cost compared to stealth suits.

Once you get out of the combat patrol style of play, then I suggest getting a few crisis suits. Right now, one would be more than enough, but stealth suits get the job done too. That and they cost more points for about the same money-wise ($).
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Osaria
    Way to have a board full of people who know how to answer my question but not bother to. :realmad:

On other board when people dont respond to things I assume its becuase they dont know how to help or what to say. Here things are pritty damn spesific so there I think it to be highly doughtful that oneone who has veiwed it to know what to say or how to help.
    hey we don't want this attitude around here. everyone would be greatly willing to help, but after you sa this then you just sound like a brat and people would be less likely to help you. come one! 2 hrs?
    apart from me noone stays on here all day, and i was at a tournament today. have some patience, i think you have been told this before. stop being a brat.
    get the crisis suit. even better save up for the battleforce.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast