Librarium Online Forums banner

New Raveners

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Uzi-99 
#1 ·
In the Army Deal. They look pretty cool.
At the bottom right.

Link

#5 ·
BorderPatrol said:
The Tyrant in that picture looks much larger. Maybe the new Carnis and Tyrants will actually be monsterous.

cool
In terms of height the current Tyrant is already monstrously huge. The new one is just much broader and is on a base the same size as the current Carnifex.

#6 ·
BorderPatrol said:
The Tyrant in that picture looks much larger. Maybe the new Carnis and Tyrants will actually be monsterous.

cool
Um right

The tyrants and Carnis are already monsterous and the only thin changing is that I beleive the new tyrant has a larger base but this pic of the tyrant has been out forever anyway.

#9 ·
Cool raveners. I don't like one thing about them though. The scything talons are really stubby and small. I think they look kind of weird. Otherwise, it's a good model.

#12 ·
the only thing i'm saying about the new ravener is that i would not like to meet one in a dark alley way.

the models look so cool, that even if teh rules suck i'm going to buy a lot, and i mean A LOT!

#14 ·
First time I've seen a picture that close the one on GW is so small you can't see them very well. I do like the new model and hopefully the rules will gives us reason to buy loads, Zoanthrope is a bit meaner looking but basically the same, guard are like bull dogs which make me wonder if they will carry a firing weapon as there on all fours! lictor is cool but then its always been a good model as for the HT just looks bigger, a cross between new and old . Never like the bone sword and whip so was a bit disappointed to see them, also as TMC's can carry two weapons are we going to see VC's that can be put on both sides of the model without converting them ??

#15 ·
nottoc said:
TMC's can carry two weapons are we going to see VC's that can be put on both sides of the model without converting them ??
I've always been a bit doubtful about TMCs with two ranged weapons. The rulebook allows a monstrous creature to fire two ranged weapons per round, but the codex says that only one ranged bio-weapon may be fired per round. I hope the new codex clears this up. . .

#16 · (Edited)
Ostsol said:
I've always been a bit doubtful about TMCs with two ranged weapons. The rulebook allows a monstrous creature to fire two ranged weapons per round, but the codex says that only one ranged bio-weapon may be fired per round. I hope the new codex clears this up. . .
yes but the codex was done way before the new rules, its common placed for fex's to carry and fire both weapons. I never seen it as an issue as its not just nids that benifit from the rule ! Like you have said the new codex may will state this is the way its ment to be and with only 20 days to go i can't wait to get my copy :)

#18 ·
Gonfrask said:
The new Hive Tyrant is like the old one, but the realy old one, bigger true but i really like the return of the bone sword and the organic whipe...ahhhh, the old times return...
Well each to there own, I never liked the idea of the nids having swords it just never rang true with me the same as the guards having shields, these a creatures that should reply on there thick skin, speed and surroundings to protect them. Claws yes swords no

#19 ·
The new Raveners look good... The mouths with the mandibles are a nice touch, although I vastly prefer the "split-jaw" look of old Raveners, Red Terror, Harridan and Hierodules. In fact, I'd have wished they went for it in the entire range, further removing the Tyranids from the standard hominids!

And what's that grungy stub-beard growing beneath the Hive Tyrants lower jaw? =/

The trend of short, stubby talons (Guard, Ravener, 'Stealer) is something I also dislike... The 3rdEd metal ScyTal look IMO much better for Warrior-size creatures, whereas Gaunt ScyTal look much better on the 'Stealers than the new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.