Out of touch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out of touch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of touch

Hi, i've been playing eldar (vanilla) for a while now, however since my mates moved to uni, i haven't played a single game.

however i've been challanged to a game by someone on opponent search down at the local gameing club this saturday.
    Although i have the new rulebook, i'm not really sure what to expect of my opponent - he'll be playing his space marines ( blood angels succsesor (sp) chapter). (1500pts)

i suppose i really want to know if my army should take anything different to that taken against 3rd ed space marines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Not really. Load up those starcannons and go get him! 4th ed smurfs is just like 3rd, just more powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

farseer, what is your craftworld that you use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 4th ed., you're not allowed to assault anymore during the turn that you disembark a unit from your Waveserpent (just in case you load up with Howling Banshees).

Zen out
    Our Time Will Come Again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i mostly do is fill wave serpent up with aspect warriors then move them tunr 1 24" forward then 2e turn do nothing only disembark and then assault with the unit ( you can assault from a vechile if the vichele hasnt moved yet ) then in shooting face you can choose to move wave serpent away with star engines or you can shoot with twin linked starcannon/brightlance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone. as it's only 1500pts ill play codex eldar. but i could play usf or Ulthwé.
    hmm yeah i was wondering how to use my banshee's, if they disembark can they use fleet of foot before assulting? - (assuming the waveserpent hasn't moved)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer elshran
    thanks everyone. as it's only 1500pts ill play codex eldar. but i could play usf or Ulthwé.
    hmm yeah i was wondering how to use my banshee's, if they disembark can they use fleet of foot before assulting? - (assuming the waveserpent hasn't moved)
    Correct, they can use fof before assaulting

Zen out
    Our Time Will Come Again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

As they are an assault based army, you would not want to use banshees. Get some Dark Reapers, they kick butt vs. assault heavy marine armies. War Walkers are a bit expensive and difficult to use at full effect, but can be very dangerous when kitted out with 6 Star cannons. The next marine killer is the wraithlord, but you should only use 1 since it is a bit cheesy to take more in just 1500 and you may want to use other HS choices like the reapers. For troops you should have guardians with HW platforms with starcannons. maybe load up a ranger squad since they are cheap (moneywise) and can pin rushing marines. An Avatar is another nice investment at only [see codex] points, to scare your foes from assaulting you.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone, it turned out to be a take and hold with all the special rules you get for it ( omega misson i think).
    well as it was on victory points it was a draw, but a very good game only had a falcon, viper and avatar at thh end he had 1 space marine, 3 scouts, a rhino and 5 members of death company (with chaplin).
    i realise why i so love warhammer. well thanks again for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread