banshees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: banshees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

banshees

Banshees; what are they good for? It seems a little crap when you look at other aspect warriors. So Why and how do YOU use them?

-lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

are you joking?

Howling banshees are very useful and i would regret evere doing a list without them, first of all they can fleet of foot and scorpions can't, then they always strike first, which is useful, they are all armed with powerweapons which is standard for them so bye bye armour saves. then the exarch can get the exicutioner so she gets +2 strength and still ignors armour and then warshout to get rid of the enemies weapon skill. if you can, stick them in a wave serpent and watch as they rend spacemarines and all other races to shreds and you can laugh at them for underestimation the howling banshee........ *rant over*

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)
    damm there were some bad typos in my post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Wait up boy!

No reson too rant. Im not an Eldar player, and a few days ago my friend asked me what the point was in them, and as I did not have the codex (as I am not an Eldar player) I could not answer him. I looked at GW website and found the reference sheet. So fact is, I was just wondering
    Cheer up mate ^_^
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Well Tiger, don't be afraid to read the stickies in the different sections either. All this is posted, along with a thousand other threads describing the differences between the aspects (SCORPIONS VS BANSHEE in particular).
    Besides all that, banshees are not as good as they should/used to be. They need more strength, wish the mask lowered toughness by 2, that would make them useful. But as it sits now, 89% of the time, you're better off with scorps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    Besides all that, banshees are not as good as they should/used to be.
    Agreed... they were much better when they could charge out of vehicles, as of now i think scorps are better due to the heavier armour, with the wrong tactics your banshee low armour save could get them blown away as soon as they leave the vehicle
    Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Yeah because of their low armor save they die easy and not being able to assault the turn they come out of a transport really sucks. Because of this I usually keep them in the the transport and next turn have them get out of the transport (which hasnt moved or was destroyed) and assault. If u know how do use Bansheese they can really kick butt. For some tactics about them theres a article in the article section about bansheese's giving u some usefull tips on using them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

it is a matter of strateg. Add star engines to your serpent, and advance 24+2d6" in turn one, dont move it in turn 2 movement phase where you´ll be unloading the banshees, activate the serpents star engines in the shooting phase to get it out of the way (and hopefully move it more than 6"), FoF with the banshees and assault those marines. It requires planning, but that is eldar for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

I enjoy using the typical Banshee squad in the Wave Serpant. I have found they can stand in CC to most pieces in the game, not all pieces, but a fair amount. The downside of course is the armor. 4+ is not the best when getting rapid shot with bolters.

However, Banshees and Scorpions are both excellent pieces each with their own use. I use Banshees more for popping out of vehicles and using fleet of foot to close the distance. I use Scorpions as infiltrators. Used appropriately they are very effective, their just more tricky to use then the stand and shoot Dark Reapers.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude banshees doesnt suck because they ignoure armour saves one way to use them put in wave serpent and with farseer and you got a killing team the only bad thing about banshees is that they have sterengt 3 but they always strike first and ignoure armour saves so they dont suck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast