having trouble with starting DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having trouble with starting DE

I do Eldar already but I also am thinking about Dark Eldar. I have 20 warriors already but dont know what else to get other than a Haemonculus beacuse I like his weapons
    Thanks

Victory is measured in blood yours or your enemies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on what army you'll be fighting against more often, but i've found the typical archon with an agoniser is a big help since n omatter who i go against i always get killed in CC, 4+ to wound(i think) is always helpful. also, get a raider ASAP, it can get shot donw by a pistol(i know, the hard way -_-; ) but with having a to hit of 6 when you move, it cna stay alive enough to deliver maybe a sniper squad to take out an enemy tank
    Last edited by Ryko; April 17th, 2005 at 02:04. Reason: smiley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Get a lord, (either will do fine) with some incubi bodyguard (either on foot or in raider) and 1 or 2 raider squads, and a couple of heavy weapons for your warriors. then you can start expanding into jetbikes or ravagers or taloses or whatever..........

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobility is the key to the DE. Havin your lord on foot with Incubi is not ideal as Incubi cannot fleet. If you must put him/her on foot, attach it to a large squad of warriors with move and shoot weaponry. The squad acts as ablative armour and benefit from the lord's leadership. The thing to realise is that you must keep the unit from running away. Below half strength they will never regroup if they flee. For this reason you want to close with the enemy as quickly as possible so you don't expose the lord and the unit it is with to much enemy shooting. The Raider is the way to go here. IF you can get ahold of enough Raiders, there is no reason not to mount most of your troops. To be really effective the DE need to close quickly and strike a decisive blow to the enemy and wipe them out as quickly as possible. If the game starts to drag into turn 4 and the enemy still has a sizable force remaining, the chances of the DE winning start to decline quickly. They have no staying power.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not recommend Incubi untill 1k+ points since they are expensive and usually a one trick unit. What I mean is even in a raider they will assault one unit and thats it. You think your opponent is going to be dumb enough to go towards those sick things especially with your lord there as well. Then when they get out of assault they get shot up. IMO for a starting force, get a couple raiders and jetbikes (with two blasters) and some wyches.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

stay away from the wyches, i mean 6+ save, thats a joke!!!! :mad: they aren't a good unit for beginers no matte rwhat everyone says, they aren't surviveable enough, thats why incubi are good or even madrakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't bother with Wyches and Jetbikes just yet, you need a core force.

At under a thousand points, a Haemonculus or two can be a good idea. You're going to want more than 20 warriors, they form the backbone of a DE army. You're also going to make sure you've got plenty of the special weapons warriors as well: Dark lances, splinter cannons, blasters, etc.

I'd also recommend picking up a few of the "easier" units to use -- a Talos is a good addition, and Mandrakes are fun to learn how to use and deadly once you have learned. I'd recommend fleshing out the base of your army before adding the smaller, more specialized units on top -- without that firm foundation, you'll find your army crumbling an awful lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Wyches are a wonderous unit, and the best for the points in the entĂ*re game! They get a 4++ save ic cc, remember that, and with wyche weapons and a buffed up succubus, nothing cc out there can stand in their way! The wyches are wondetful :wub:

The trick is, to use a raider correctly. Raiders are open-topped which means that in can move 12", disentegrate some foes and unload the wyches, while they move 6", FoF, and charge 6" (sometimes even 12"!). That gives wyches an extreme charge range!

The only downside is that you gotta convert them, because their model is ugly. When does GW understand, that no DE player wan´t to use anything but female wyches...? And they only have like 3 diffrent poses of females, the rest is useless. That sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Well if your going to 1000 points, most 1k DE armies I notice have a Ravager. Nice weapon fit - 3 Disintegrators - 3 nice power armour killing templates a turn.

Never forget Sareld - 2" dismount....it can make all the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    The trick is, to use a raider correctly. Raiders are open-topped which means that in can move 12", disentegrate some foes and unload the wyches, while they move 6", FoF, and charge 6" (sometimes even 12"!). That gives wyches an extreme charge range!
    I'm pretty sure you can't move 12" and then move after you disembark. The only hope you have for that is if you roll 12" charge for combat drugs.

Wyches are awesome units, especially out of a WWP, but they're not necessary in small points games, especially not until he beefs up his warrior ranks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast