Chaos Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of creating a band of corrupted Tau. Maybe they were cut off during a battle and fell to the temptations of a chaos god....I was thinking most likely Khrone.... I mean, would that work fluff wise? It is possible right? I always thought the Chaos models for Daemon packs and Greater Daemons looked cool, but i never wanted to actually start a chaos army.... So what do all of you think......Should I? Any suggestions/critsism is welcome!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have pondered the possibilities of this a few times, and whilst it might make for cool conversions and some interesting stories, I think fluff wise it would be a little difficult to explain. I do not see Tau following Khorne or Nurgle, Slaneesh maybe. The only one I could envision is Tzeentch. This one made the most sense to me, Tzeentch the old trickster could manipulate the Tau into worshiping him without them even realizing it.

plus if you picked Khorne, everyone would cry "Cheese!!!" 'cause let's face it what are Tau worst at? CC... so by taking the Chaos God who loves CC you are trying to create an Invincible army. Now I'm not saying you are, but that's what immediatley sprung into my head and would most likely be the deductions of other veteran 40K players.

But I do like the mental image of a posssesed Etherial riding a Disk of Tzeentch...

Although this idea would probably be mainly for fun, or a diorama or something I know I would never approve an opponent the use of a Chaos/Tau (best of both worlds) army list.

But hey, in the end have fun, you may not find many opponents but you may have a cool looking army...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll go with the chaos god Tzeentch as you said Khrone would just scream cheese..... But maybe if I create new stats that prevent the FW and other units from being so good as Long range.....But Tzeentch would be the best choice......Now that I think about it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I have a funny story about a game I recently witnessed that has a little bit to do with this topic.

A friend was fielding his GK army against Tau, the Tau player decided he was going to take a Graeter Daemon against the GK just to try it out. Well to keep the story short the only Character he had was an Etherial, when the Daemon took over the Etherial's body he realized that he had to make morale rolls for his entire army, well he failed almost every roll, and being that he was set up near the table edge when all teh smoke cleared he was left with a single Firewarrior squad, and the Greater Daemon to face a horde of GK. And then to top it all off the next turn he rolls for Daemonic instability and rolls high enough to kill the Daemon before it can even really do anything... it was a debacle. But he had a good laugh about it...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, cheese? That doesn't scream cheese to me. Just balance it out like you'll have to anyway.

There's nothing cheesy about taking a pure shooty army and bending it a bit more towards center, where most other armies sit already. So the tau get better at CC? Well that's what the farsight enclave gives, and I've never heard it argued as cheese. Also, the tau are not ungodly powerful at ranged combat, they beat orks sure, but they're only on par with alot of other shooty armies. And most of those armies have options to go with better CC anyway if they wish.

Personally I don't think any of it is feasible in the fluff, but if the Tau are gonna go chaos then it might as well be whatever chaos god you like.

You've just gotta convince em that their greater good is served by another entity, a chaos entity to be precise, and it really doesn't matter who that chaos god is then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Hey Vampiric_Drake, you are allowed to have demons in a Tau army i found out. A guy that is a semi-vet player came in with his tau army, but he had a pack of demonettes and the Lord of Pleasure for the army. So yes you can have a chaos corrupted army, but you can't have the normal human models like the obliterators, but if you want Khorne, get a lot of bloodletters and amybert get the Bloodthirster But you are allowed to do that. I think in the back of the Demonhuntercodex it says something about demons, but like i said you can do that it is legal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NeMiSiS_cHiLd@Oct 14 2003, 09:17
    Hey Vampiric_Drake, you are allowed to have demons in a Tau army i found out. A guy that is a semi-vet player came in with his tau army, but he had a pack of demonettes and the Lord of Pleasure for the army. So yes you can have a chaos corrupted army, but you can't have the normal human models like the obliterators, but if you want Khorne, get a lot of bloodletters and amybert get the Bloodthirster But you are allowed to do that. I think in the back of the Demonhuntercodex it says something about demons, but like i said you can do that it is legal
    ? Hmm.

I wouldn't be so sure that Gw actually has rules for it.

Ii may be that some guy you know chose to do it, but that doesn't mean it's actually a GW sanctioned thing... Unless, of course, he actually showed you the rules somewhere?

Next time I'm at a store I'll have to flip though some of the codexes to see if I can find anything like that. Interesting, but I have my doubts. After all, GW has said that the kroot can't be teamed with chaos, and the Tau are alot more orderly than the kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PapaBear@Oct 14 2003, 12:27
    the kroot can't be teamed with chaos, and the Tau are alot more orderly than the kroot.
    kroot can in the fluff!

In one of the white dwarfs I read about "historic battles of the tau", and in one, kroot that ate slaaneshi cultists, turned multi-coloured and went over to Slaaneesh and fought the tau (and lost).
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the option to take Daemonic units in non-chaos armies in only if you are playing against Daemonhunters. Then and only then can you unclude Greater Daemons and/or Daemon packs... It's in Codex: Daemonhunters
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know don&#39;t see chaos Tau. I mean consider the fact that Tau don&#39;t believe in gods so how the heck are they gonna follow one?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; <_<
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...link.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast