Im I crazy or what! (bringing Tau to GT) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im I crazy or what! (bringing Tau to GT)

Many of my friends had dubbed me nuts for bring a Tau army to the Chicago GT July 30th, but I dont think so. With a Mechanized list I would think that it would deliver the best mobilty to the table. But then I started having doubts playing against my friends and getting KILLED in the game I could only wonder that I am crazy. The Question is HAS ANYONE DONE WELL IN TOUNRAMENTS WITH TAU, and can you offer any help?

The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in eastern Canada. I recently won Best Overall in the latest sanctioned 40k tourney here (1500 pts), using a hybrid Tau list. Nearly all of my experience, however, is playing against marines of one form or another. Other armys seem to be in a severe minority around here. If you're having touble with marines, give me an idea of what the issues are, and I'll do my best to help you.

I am a firm believer that Tau could do well at a GT, and I wish I lived in an area that held them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, your Tau are going to do crappy. Go Space Marines, Chaos, and Eldar like everyone else. O_O

Seriously, dude, bring your Tau. You'll make up a few battle losses by getting good sportsmanship votes just because people will be happy to play against a new and interesting army.
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, bring it to the GT, also post ur list up so we can help you out with it and hopefully make it the best it can be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau do fine at GTs. I took mine to Seattle and went 4-1. One slaughter, two crushing, one minor, and one where I got massacred. But the one loss was to the guy who went on to win the Emperor's Champion tournament and then overall at the LA Gamesday Rogue Trader.

Out of the 10 or so that went, only like 3 got battle scores below 70. Can't be doing all that bad with scores like that.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya your crazy.

well it depend on what your army is and how good you are at playing it.

tau can still be effective if used properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging at the small tables we use in England i would not suggest using mech tau, i would use static. But tau can win against anyone! Even Necrons!
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a GT in Chicago on July 30th? The Detroit GT looks like it's not going to be happening this year, so I've been looking for a reasonably close alternative to take my Tau to. Looks like Chicago is it!

Look for the guy wearing the T-shirt that says "Mech Tau does it on the move!"

... or some other equally cheesy slogan...
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im up in a turney with my TAU and we are playing 1750 pts.
    and we have played a cuple of test games down at our local club and with a win rate of 100% seems rather good!

ive crushed Eldar, Space marines, space wolves, and IG. i think ive played 9 games overall with hte list i will be playing. mostly ive gotten VS.

bring youre TAU and show them what they can do!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=

Look for the guy wearing the T-shirt that says "Mech Tau does it on the move!"

... or some other equally cheesy slogan...[/QUOTE]

Dude you have a shirt that says that? you have to tell me where you got it.

but anyways I did post my list but for some reason its not here anymore and I folowed the guid lines. Its a well banaced list as far as mech list go but I do have 9 crisis suits, is that to much? also I do have three squads of 10 firewarriors in devilfishes and 2 hammerheads with an ethereal also 6 stealth suits. but that the list but not indepth.
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast