Seer Council Vs Psychic Hood - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seer Council Vs Psychic Hood

The hood wins every time...
    I haven't started my eldar yet, but my friend plays them (Alaitoc rather than Ulthwé) and when fighting my marines, or another friends (We're both fans of Uber Librarians!) his Farseers are severely reduced in overall effect. Now this will be much more of a problem for an Ulthwé Seer Council, as thats alot of points only working at 1/2 effeciency. Even though I use a librarian, I think its Psychic Hood is way to good, and less points than the Runes of Warding, which are alot worse anyway. I reckon the Hood should only effect one power per turn (chosen by the Marine player, so he has to choose wisely!). Of course just changing the rule isn't a good option, as its just wishful thinking, so I never usually do it, but has anyone else suffered far too much from these so called lesser Psykers?

AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

maybe you should check th ehood agian used against 1 pyscic power once

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. no offence to marine players. but yet again i think GW has overcompensated...

fear of the darkness? come on! drop pod into the middle of a tau army and they're so dead.
    and come to mention. drop podding. get as close to the enemy as you like without exploding. grrr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

SM psykers + their equipment own farseers any time. Just look at our puny whichblades vs. the marine force weapons.. whichblades are just too crappy! Im looking forward to our new dex, I really hope that the eldar returns as the king of psykers. But I fear that the GW strategy of letting the marines be the champions in every field have spread to psychics too..

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

eldar powers arent meant to be out right devasting.
    they are meant to have powers that effect the battle fields, instead of frying there opponent.

marine librarians, the greatest of humans pyskers, use there abiltiy in combat, where marines spend most of there time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I didn't start this as a marine-bashing topic.
    I play marines too, and I find they are still pretty balenced, its just a few things that weren't thought about carefully enough.
    The Librarian Psychic powers i find to be fine, and they cost alot.
    Fear of Darkness: Its quite hard to ever get more than two units within 12", and the Tau still get a re-roll. All the others are either ranged attacks or combat enhancers, which is the point of the Space Marine HQ.
    I wil agree that there are some inbalences point-wise when comparing similar wargear, i.e witchblades Vs power weapon, but then again the Eldar player has other options to counter this. Have you forgotrten about Banshees? A squad of 10 can strike first against the librarian, who will only get a max 4+ inv. save. Wound him enough and he will go down. (Don't rant about strength 3 aspects, as it is fair, and representive of the race.)
    Also librarians are damn expensive if they want to survive (artificer armour and irn halo are musts) and they fear instant kill weapons the most. Its just that they are built mainly for Character-hunting, but when up against a cc orientated squad, with alot of members and attacks, they will likely fall. Multiple saving throws is bad for any character.
    On the subject of Drop podding, it is quite innacurate, and they can only shoot non-heavy weapons on the turn they arive. i.e no assaulting. And how many of you have actualy played against drop pods anyway? You can get a full turn of shooting at a squad that has placed itself within range of every gun in your army.

Enough ranting on my part, but the point is you have to counter things like this. My point was that a psychic hood is hard to combat unless you can kill the bearer quickly, which isn't going to happen, and i think that it is just to effecient at what it does, edpecially when an Ulthwé player has to spend a lot of points on a seer council.
    AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think one reason why they are so disadvantaged is because its a 3rd ed codex vs a 4th ed im sure the 4th ed farseers will be able to take on librarians quite well than they can now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but in the meantime its a pain in the arse.

when is the new eldar codex comming? is it the next??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I believe it's excpected to come this fall or around christmas.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm then i think i will put that eldar army that ive been thinking about on hold..

+ Reply to Thread