Farseer, on a jetbike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Farseer, on a jetbike

Has anyone 'round here ever used a Farseer on a jetbike? I know it'd be tremendously expensive, (especially w/ a couple warlock body guards) but the image of a farseer ridding 'round mindwarring and attacking with the spear is stuck in my head for some reason.

Of course this would work best if your opponent has alot of other things to shoot at (say 3 or 4 Wave Serpents filled to the brim, and a couple Vypers / War Walkers). What do you all think? Say for a 1500 or 1850 battle?

Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a farseer on a bike retains IC status. so you still can't shoot at him unless he's the closest target. so with the jetbike's free 6" assault move you should easily be able to sheild him.

i use a jetbiked farseer all the time. mine's got a singing spear and mindwar. this allows you to zip in before your assault troops and take out the pesky powerweapon weilding guy or do some pretty great tank busting. also he gets an impovement for toughness when he's on that bike. i'd definately recommend it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the farseer on a jetbike in every game and the points are usoualy worth it. second why do you need lots of juicy targets to make this work? Trust me If you have things out in the open they will die… fast, that’s part of being Eldar. The farseer is pretty hardy for an elder, with a jetbike he is T5 with a 3+/4+ save, that’s about as good as it gets, I like to run him around with a maxed out squad of spiders for a 3+ re rolling save. The squads then flanks and shoots from the side or rear, forcing them to ether move their force towards the spiders or ignore them and get shot up, ether way good for me

Edit: Oops you beat me too it TzarNikolai, but in reply to your post, last time I checked the closest target rule no longer exists in 4ed, all that they have to do is make a leadership test (woopty doo).
    Last edited by Deep_inferno; April 26th, 2005 at 17:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Using Fortune in combination with a large-ish Bodyguard is rather good. 3+/4+ re-rollable saves, with fair toughness to boot. It is certainly powerful, put whether you have to point to make room for them and the money to convert them is the only thing stopping you. A Wave Serpent provides less speed, but had a heavy weapon, and has the obvious protection a transport provides, however, with the Jetbikes you're probably better of. If your army's on foot, then no need for the bikes, but if you're mounted up, then go for it!
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is while zooming on the field with you warlocks. . . wil lthey make there points back? Ussaly they wont as far as ive seen it just take only a farseer on a bike it is still usefull but dont go for a complete bodyguard thats a waste of points.

Except vs things like mechanised tau or armoured compagny wo just hate all those witchblades :p. But anyway the hardest part will be giving your farseer a decent position to mount him o nthe bike. Its not as easy ike i did with my dark eldar archon (Took 2 models cut them in half glued them together arms off etc etc took me 4 hours) anyway be sure to think about it and draw on paper how yo uare gonna do it because it will be alot of work and it wont be easy!.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

But if you don't have a body guard how do you keep them from instant killing the Farseer with a las cannon as you can't expect to make your armor save too often?

And as to the modelling, it's not a problem, I have a friend who is going to be doing my modelling for me (as I have no talent) and I know he'll just end up getting pissed off at it and getting it done.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out that invulnerable saves aren't fortunable. Sucks big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_inferno
    Edit: Oops you beat me too it TzarNikolai, but in reply to your post, last time I checked the closest target rule no longer exists in 4ed, all that they have to do is make a leadership test (woopty doo).
    no. IC's cannot be shot at at all unless they're the closest target. it right there in the book. this is a change to the old rule of "can't be shot at if they're within 6" of another squad"
    this means you can easily protect your farseer.

also fortune definately does apply to invulnerable saves. check the FAQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note to two previous posts.

Fortune does work on Invulnerable saves. Please refer to the latest Eldar FAQ on the GW website.

And yes, in 4th edition characters can not be targeted unless they are the closest model. Check out the section in the BGB under characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Not even the 4th edition FAQ.. The ruling on fortune is in CA 2002 heh, it's quite old

I'd ditch the warlocks and just use the farseer on his own if you wanna do jetbike tricks. Mindwar and singing spear can be useful but if he has some friends you'll get shot down + it costs a massive amount of points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast