Human Auxilaries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Human Auxilaries

I have read, and read the article of the tau having human auxilaries in the army, but how do we use them. Is their save upgraded, can they only have pulse rifles and carbine upgrades, or can they also get the flamer and grenade hand launcher upgrades? Are there any special rules other than the traitors rule? and can you only field 12 of them at a time? there was another site i and got different rules on them but those were forpossible future rules, and why should we use these auxilaries. thanks.

loves the funeral for hearts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I's all available on the GW site. You just have to do a bit of searching. I would post the rules and stats here but I'm not allowed to do that.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Think standard IG stats, with 12 man squads, options for two Tau longarms in the squad, EMP grenade upgrades, and a small negative combat factor when fighting loyalist troops H2H. No standard IG weapon upgrade options btw.

They are basically cheap, expendible cannon fodder. Slightly better than FW at H2H though, and if upgraded with EMP grenades can cause a nasty suprise to any enemy armour that comes their way - including deepstriking Necron Monoliths...
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok i see. See the other site was the Fio Noran battle dome or something like that, and they have possibe future rules that are noway endorsed by games workshop. They have really neat ideas and you guys should check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give the gue'vesa ui a las pistol and close combat weapon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the rules for 'em. I say they're barely useful for fluff purposes, but in-game kroot are all-around better with higher WS, S, stronger gun, infiltrate, and fieldcraft for only 1 point more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fire freneticist
    Can you give the gue'vesa ui a las pistol and close combat weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Aun
    No standard IG weapon upgrade options btw.
    They come just as it says in the pdf on GW's website. Lasguns. That's it.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Winters
    Here are the rules for 'em. I say they're barely useful for fluff purposes, but in-game kroot are all-around better with higher WS, S, stronger gun, infiltrate, and fieldcraft for only 1 point more.
    The only real, plausable reason to field the human auxileries is in an O'shava army where you can't use kroot but want a meat shield to keep your FW and crisis suits from being taken down too early since you don't have as much choice in models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a squad of 10 humans to supplement my FW's. Two of them have the carbines and one of those with a Markerlight. These guys are good if you need a low cost, additional meat shield for your FW's.

But normally, I get my opponents permission to upgrade them with Doctrines and play them as an Gue'vesa Allied Squad. Ok, so let me break that down a bit. It gets a bit expensive with the points for the Carapace Armor, Heavy Weapons, Carbines, EMP grenades and Doctrines, but with thier upgrades skills, they are alot tougher than the Kroot and these guys don't break nearly as often as my FW's. I like to use both Mortar Teams because the Tau don't have a over the horizon weapon like the mortar. Yes they have the Smart Missiles but they don't have a 48" range like a Mortar either. A Lascannon in the mix is a good way to scare any Imperial player who hasn't played the Tau before. The result is that the Gue'Vesas take the heat while my railguns and XV8's play havoc with the enemy forces.

My results with using them this way have been outstanding. They shoot decent, bring heavy weapons to the fight, and with thier upgraded armor and close combat abilites, have beaten many a foe who would have otherwise barreled right through my lines. I love these guys as an added flavor boost to an already outstanding army.

Doctrines:
    Heavy Weapons
    Special Weapons
    Carapace Armor
    Hardened Fighters
    Xeno Fighters (Orks)

Gue'Vesa Squad 1
    Squad Leader w/ Pulse Carbine, Markerlight, Carapace Armor, EMP grenades
    Flamer Trooper w/Carapace Armor and EMP Grenades
    Mortar Team w/Carapace Armor and Lasguns and EMP Grenades
    4 Troopers w/Carapace Armor and Lasguns and EMP Grenades

Gue'Vesa Squad 2
    Squad Leader w/ Pulse Carbine, Markerlight, Carapace Armor
    Grenade Launcher Trooper w/Carapace Armor
    Lascannon or Autocannon or Heavy Bolter or Mortar Team w/Carapace Armor and Lasguns
    4 Troopers w/Carapace Armor and Lasguns
    Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i see now. I didnt know you could use them in an O' Shovah army, nice way to get around the rules. So what type of models do you guys use to represent them, and is it worth butchering your fire warriors for parts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast