Help with Eldar army idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Help with Eldar army idea

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of starting a small eldar army that I can paint to my best standard, coz I like the miniatures. I want the warithlord and all the wraithbone armour to look cracked and ancient, and put feathers/teeth etc on my vehicles and troops. I was wondering if my army could be Exodites?

What I mean is can I use a vanilla list and say that the wraithlord is an ancient weapon, and then model some guardians to look a bit feral as elite Exodite warriors (dire avenger stats)?

Is this cool, or do Exodites function differently from vanilla? Would they even use the same technology? I get the feeling Exodites are supposed to be totally different from vanilla, being sort of Wood Elfy and vibrant and nature-worshipping. Not really what I want.

I want guys who look decrepit, ancient and ghostly, like they are dusty remnants of a dead Eldar craftworld (uh, not Iyanden btw).

Any tips?

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi, there are various unofficial exodite codecies hanging around on the web, principally around the use of dinosaurs, but they are unofficial and in some cases horribly inbalanced.

There is absolutley no problem whatsoever in creating an Exodite army using a vanilla or craftworld army list. If you are using converted figures you need to stick with WYSIWYG and make clear to your opponent what differences there are.

To take this to an extreme, you could take a tyranosauris rex type figure, put a bright lance on it and use it as a wraithlord (I appreciate this is not what you are intending, just highlighting the point). You could do a similar thing for walkers with a guy ridig a lizzard with 2 heavy weapons on it etc etc. You could do a Saim Hann army using flying lizards with riders instead of Vypers and jet bikes, the possibilities are endless, in unofficial games, provided it is WYSIWYG - i.e the minis are appropriate and have the right weapons and you point out what is what to your opponent, there should not be a problem. In official tourneys it is still not a problem provided you stick to using GW minis (since this tends to be a rule)

Good luck
    Chered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Hey thanks. That was good advice.

+ Reply to Thread