Welcome to Librarium Online!
can every one who knows enough about the new nids to fill me in on all the biss?...have alwaysed liked nids but i have no clue whats the diff between old and new.\\
so could i get some links and info on these new slime buckets?
P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe
Go to the Rumors page. Loads of rumor-ish stuff there. Here's some quick stuff you should know anyway -
- New Carnifex Model, very strong, bigger.
- New Hive Tyrant, looks like older one mixed with 3rd Edition one, strong.
- Lots of new bio-morphs, no more mutants
- More "horror" theme in new edition. Bigger codex. More background fluff
- 3 Different Types of armies.
- Lightweight Armies - Can have loads of troops with "without number" (troops who die can re-spawn!)
- Mediumweight Armies - Units within Synapse Range don't get instant kill (and maybe other stuff)
- Heavyweight Armies - Can have lots of TMC's. Carnifex's as Elites.
- New Models are - Zoanthropes, Carnifex's, Hive Tyrants, Tyrant Guards, Genestealers and Lictors. All models are on GW site exept for new Raveners.
- Tyranids are basically stronger!!! Variable armies like Space Marines!
"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."
and isnt there a new hq choice i think its called a brood lord.
unfortuantely they are not making plastic gargoyles as it would seem.
This seems to be the way GW is going with all the 40k armies:
- they're making them all stronger, pushing even to the point where some armies are a little overpowered; this likely won't balance out until all races have their new codex (which, unfortunately, won't be until close to the release of 5th edition, where we have to all start over again anyway)
- they are giving all armies variable army lists and tons of new options, likely to keep players from "mastering" the use of their army, and thus keeping them fresher, longer
- they are adding some new units to all races to spice things up and throw something unexpected in there
- every army will have some funky new rules, adding even more variation
The new theme with each new emergent codex seems to be to give more power and options to each individual player. There are now so many options for the Marines that there is no reason any 2 Marine armies should play the same, and it seems Tyranids are following in that direction. It seems GW really wants to give players the ability to customize their own army, and I think this is a tremendous idea. However, some disagree and have already spouted venomous cries of cheese all over the new Marines. If this is the case now, how do you think these players will feel as each new codex is released, starting next with Tyranids, and each does roughly the same thing.
This era in 40k is a powergamer's dream. It is also adventurous for those of us who enjoy variation, surprises, and armies that are different depending on those who play them. The bad news is that I'm sure this will only amplify some players' views of "cheese". We're likely to get quite a few players who just want to complain about how all the new armies are just too powerful. Hopefully such players don't go overboard and just come to realize that this is just the transition period, and is bound to come with a few growing pains, but once it starts to settle down, this game will be quite awesome.
Personally, I'm really interested to see how the new Tyranids will fare against the new Marines; a clash between the first two armies to be updated will really display whether or not the new rules are still relatively balanced or not.
heh this will truly pose a new change and variation in the play of tyranids.
What type of army would you do?
light, med or heavy?
heavyweight seems like crazy stuff but having respawning gaunts.. that ownge. haha
I don't really think that the new Nids will suffer from that problem, quite some things have been toned down for the nids actually
From WD305 its the IG who get first crack at the nids in a battle report , i may be playing a SM army on the 8th and i'm picking up my codex on the 6/7th so may be using the new rules then. If i do i will write a battle report..
If it lives it will be consumed
I'm looking forward to it, I'm planning on some practice games as well.