Tank upgrades. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank upgrades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Tank upgrades.

Just a quick question. As far as I was always aware, only Falcons can take Holofields? The reason Im asking is that I was just modelling something with army builder, and apparently I can put Holofields on Wave Serpents?

Someone reassure me this is just a glitch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not just falcons. vypers can too...
    no. waveserpents can not take holofields.

how many of you would pay double the cost of a holo-field to equip a waveserpent with one?
    i would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Yeah, i wish the wave serpent could get rid of that stupid force field and get a holo-field instead...
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, yah that would make our already powerful transport into a disturbingly powerful ship of destruction. Could you imagine mechanized elder like that, 6 wave serpents 3 falcons all with halo and stones 5 guardians in each transport plus 2 farseers with guide 1 in 2 of the falcons. Hell I would never drop the guardians so that the wave serpents where scoring units. All for 2000 points. Sigh* hell I might drop a wave serpent to mount sherkan cannons on a bunch of my ships, to help with hordes, hell could you imagine that against guardsmen, or other low leadership armies, TANK SHOCK, for 12 inches, 9 times lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

This is another example of how inferior a program army builder is. I cant tell you the amount of people who have been mislead by it. So this is a warning to all of you, army builder is oftten wrong! Be aware.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Army builder is not often wrong. 99.9% of its info is entirely correct and generally the incorrect things are from the new SM codex. But I do agree that you shouldnt be using army builder as your main source of information. You should know your codex and use Army builder to simply the process and/or try out new ideas quickly

As with all transports atm they dont do their job very well and the wave serpent is probaby the worst of the bunch because it cant even protect it's own cargo once they deploy. Rhinos atleast can block LOS to the passangers. If it had access to a holofield tho I would use it, and it woul dbe better. Why the heck would it need to be double the points? sheesh, the WS isnt very good compared to the falcon

Another note about army builder - The data files are fairly easy to change. If you find something wrong, change it yourself instead of using incorrect data

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wave serpents bad? Jezz… to what a landraider? If you move them 6+ inches they have more survive-ability then any other transport in the game, well except maybe the land raider, but even then against a lasgun or a railgun or any other st 9+ weapon it has more survivability then the raider. Plus the wave serpent is faster, big plus.

Edit: plus point per point the serpents have just as many guns, arguably better ones too.
    Last edited by Deep_inferno; April 29th, 2005 at 02:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waveserpents and Devilfish are easily the best standard transports in the game. Being a skimmer, they are much more survivable as long as they continue to move 6"+ every turn (only glancing hits), and can only be hit on 6's in an assault. Consider that nearly every Imperium player considers smoke launchers a required upgrade for their transports, which allows the transport a single turn of only being glanced, which is something that skimmers get for free as long as they continue moving a respectable distance.
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Missing my entire point. It cant shield it's occupants once they disembark which is very bad.

Rhino, move 12" then disembark behind the rhino to block LoS

Waveserpent (despite being fast you can only disembark after moving 12 or less still), moves 12", disembarks, yet everyone is free to shoot the troops because it no longer blocks LOS

Trust me, this is very bad. Armor 12 isnt much more difficult to penetrate since a rhino will use its smoke launchers first turn anyway

ANyway you can believe what you want I suppose heh, I sometimes use wave serpents but against strong army lists they're just a waste of points

Also, a land raider is a poor choice already.. You can almost win the game based on if your opponent takes a land raider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm why are you dropping the men out in the first place, they are better of spending the turn in the transport. if you have 1 wave serpent then don’t try unloading into the front of the army. But if you have a couple or you use your serpent to unload against a flank with a low population of heavy weapons then you have a good chance of owning them next turn when you get out. Plus the ignore terrain part, makes it super easy to get into a nasty position.

By no stretch of imagination should you blitz straight into their army and expect to live… because you wont, but nobody would, their isn’t a team that that good of transports. What you are asking is for them to be invulnerable if you expect them to survive if you charge like that, we are Eldar, not space marines.

remember if 25% of the board is not covered by terrain it is not a proper board

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast