Nids in WD 305 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nids in WD 305

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids in WD 305

Hi did a qiuck search on this subject and go no returns so here goes:-

The write up in the new white dwarf give us loads more info on new stuff from the codex i have put together a few things it points out (sorry if these are repeats of rumors):-

Hive Mind is now more power full it can control the bodies of shatter Nids which would have been taken down by heavy weapons ( nercons eat your heart out :p )
    We can spray corrisive venom, belch toxic fumes, we have a living ammunition rule were the maggot like creature crawl over there target until they fine a soft bit to burrow into.
    Without numbers rule comes in for army of small creatures which are HQ'ed by the Broodlord who's RC count as power weapons and he also has a very high I.
    Warriors now can't be instatly kill by heavy's, and Raveners can deep strike, looks like we can have flying rippers as well.
    There is a section on the fex, basicly what can't you put on it :cool: they give an example of one they say it has toughness 7 and 5 wounds as well as loads of weapons, its a walking nightmare
    Can't wait for next week when i pick up my new box set, and WD 306 will have most of the WH40K section just on nids with a battle report ..

Last edited by nottoc; April 28th, 2005 at 21:22.
    If it lives it will be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Oh yes... I was supposed to write, and Tomato-99 was supposed to scan, but after seeing the pictures and text we decided that it was not worth the bother. ^_^

All of the pictures regarding new models had been already released and posted through other channels, and the text-information was basically more of the same Kelly already mentioned in WD 304 with slight, IMO not worthwhile amendments... The new Codex is out so soon that really, we can as well wait for that instead of repeating Kelly's sales speech.

Dreachon, still need the lowdown on the Lustria Lizardmen?
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man! I wanna get that! I don't usually buy WD, but I'm buying this and the next! I haven't heard about the about the Carni's having 5 wounds, or the fumes (it makes sense). That synapse thingy lifting dead guys back up is awsome!!!! It may be a bit "un-tyranidisiqcue", but it could be. As if the planet was turning alive (tyranid stuff going all over the planet) and then coming up to help the battle. That probably made no sense, but your thing did and it sounds cool!
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99
    Oh yes... I was supposed to write, and Tomato-99 was supposed to scan, but after seeing the pictures and text we decided that it was not worth the bother. ^_^

All of the pictures regarding new models had been already released and posted through other channels, and the text-information was basically more of the same Kelly already mentioned in WD 304 with slight, IMO not worthwhile amendments... The new Codex is out so soon that really, we can as well wait for that instead of repeating Kelly's sales speech.

Dreachon, still need the lowdown on the Lustria Lizardmen?
    I was wounding why you hadn't done a write up as you get your mag before most, oh well it was new info for me so i posted it though i thought the info wasn't the same as last months WD. Much as i enjoy reading your input to the site i find your tone here offensive i was just trying to pass on info i thought was new. Anyway i'm due my codex next week hopeful a few days earlier than the release so i may get to post that, may be you would give me more cerdit then ! Sorry for been so unhelpful :confused:
    Last edited by nottoc; April 29th, 2005 at 21:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

No thanks, didn't turn out to be good value

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon
    No thanks, didn't turn out to be good value

you lost me on that one :confused: did you mean my post wasn't good value ! as it was just what was in WD305. Funny when ever Uzi-99 posts what in WD no one has a go at him :huh:
    Last edited by nottoc; May 1st, 2005 at 14:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

No, just meant that the content they put in the WD was good value, I had hoped the battlereport to use at the very least the Rest Host next to the jungle rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, just meant that the content they put in the WD was good value, I had hoped the battlereport to use at the very least the Rest Host next to the jungle rules.
    Oh i see , your buying the box set next week arent you, is it from your GW or another shop as i'm getting mine from my local shop not GW and he said they send the box set out early so he gets it on the Thursday (5th) and i can have it then. How about you any chance you could get yours a day or two early, just would be good to check out the new rules and see how you preceive them before posting on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

my local club, though I have to wait until the 14th of May before they get it there.
    It's a pitty I still have about 2 more weeks to wait until it's safely in my claws but it will be worth it.
    I've seen already considerable of the new codex and a lot of things are interesting there are also things that make me sad as some units are a bit dumped, but I'll find ways to get the most out of them.

Biggest concern now is making the bonesword from the new Tyrant to look like the ones from the concepte art....he Uzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my local club, though I have to wait until the 14th of May before they get it there.
    It's a pitty I still have about 2 more weeks to wait until it's safely in my claws but it will be worth it.
    I've seen already considerable of the new codex and a lot of things are interesting there are also things that make me sad as some units are a bit dumped, but I'll find ways to get the most out of them.

Biggest concern now is making the bonesword from the new Tyrant to look like the ones from the concepte art....he Uzi
    your not wrong i hate that bone sword and i'm not too good with the green stuff so not sure what i'll do. Well if you need any info confirming just drop me a PM and i will mail you the rule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast